singler speed chain tensioners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Just took the gears off my sons bike cos he seems incapable of using them without shedding the chain??? Simple conversion to single speed I though.... Unfortunately the vertical dropout left me with a slack chain and a 1/2 link left it too tight. I was considering elongating the dropout hole horizontally just a tad then decided I'd try a single speed chain tensioner. Trouble is there all a bit long and unwieldy looking. Anybody got any recommendations for one ... not too expensive but does the job??

Pottsy

You can get one from On-one for a tenner:

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Tensioners.html

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Ta Potsey, I hadnt thought a looking there, Brandt does some nice stuff, I bought the Mary bars recently. I'll just get the tensioner cos I've already replaced the old 8 speed sprocket with a Shimano single speed screw on ... its an old bike but good enough for him to use co he mainly either writes them off or they get nicked:wacko:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
half chain. cheap as chips. heavy enough to stop derailing. i have one on my full sus ss with no tensionor. has never come off. cost me £17 i think but have seen cheaper on line

Top Bottom