Singletrack Bikes: poor customer service -Satisfactory resolved!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taxing

I ordered a new bungee cord for my pannier rack from Singletrack Bikes (Avenir Elasticated Luggage Straps). It was only £5.39, so not a big order, but I was hoping that it would arrive quickly.

It took just over two weeks to arrive, after I had questioned where my order was once and then complained once. I never got a personalised response to my emails, just an automated "we have got your email and will respond within two hours", which of course didn't happen.

The icing on the cake was a link in the email telling me that it had been dispatched asking me to 'help build a safer internet community by leaving us a review'. I checked out the review site and they're getting some shoddy reviews, so I added mine to the collection (here if anyone is interested. I wish I had seen this before I placed my order).

In short, avoid.

Oh well, last month I ordered a seat-post mount for a Mars 4.0 from them at the princely sum of £3.55 and got it 4-days later.

Win some, lose some.

davygravy

I am the owner of Singletrack Bikes and would like to apologise for the level of service a few people have received. Yes we have had about 3 or 4 really bad reviews recently due to not answering emails, however tha vast majority of our customers are satisfied.

Taxing, you have every right to be angry as the level of service was terrible with your order and I am sorry.

I have got to the root of the problem and some staff changes have been made, along with the responibilities for the info@ email account and customer service side. From now on you will only see good reviews as all emails are now answered very quickly and I have put a system in place to make sure communication is at the top of our list from now on!

Taxing if you could please email me at dave@singletrackbikes.co.uk so that I can arrange to have you a refund so that the luggage straps are gratis for you!

All the best
Dave

OP
OP
T

taxing

I just emailed Dave today, so I'll let you know when the refund goes through. I hope it's sorted quickly, as Singletrack were cheap and I would use them again if the customer service improved.

OP
OP
T

taxing

Well, I emailed Dave late on a Sunday night and he replied the same night saying that my payment had been refunded, then it arrived back in my account on Wednesday, so you can't say fairer than that. It was a complete turnaround, going from not being able to get hold of them even in office hours to being sorted out late on a Sunday.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1204652"]
Should we change the thread title?
[/quote]

Good idea, perhaps 'satisfactory resolved'

andrew king

I purchased a bike from single track bikes, at first the customer service wasn't the best but I would say to stay with this company. They had been let down by their suppliers and in the end they offered me a better spec bike at no extra charge, I would recommend this company to anyone as they were the cheapest online and once they managed to get the bike they were very quick in despatching it.

I would definately use them again!

compo

Veteran
I am resurrecting this Singletrack Bikes thread. Why do they list things that are out of stock as in stock. I ordered a freehub that has been showing as in stock for a while. I did email first to check stock but received no reply. This morning I receive an email saying the freehub is out of stock. They claim to update stock levels daily yet I have just looked on their site and it is still showing as in stock. The say they MIGHT receive more stock next month but I am unwilling to wait over a month on the off chance of getting my part.

I have cancelled the order and requested a refund. I wonder if I will receive it.

compo

Veteran
I have just had an email promising me an immediate refund. If done then I wont have much to complain about.

The refund was in my PayPal account last night so although I am not impressed with their stock control I can't fault their customer service.

Smoggy45

Singletrack bikes don't seem to have sorted anything out at all based on my current experience.

I ordered some (expensive) body armour from them two weeks ago as they were the best price online who had available stock (others were cheaper but didn't have it in stock- fair enough). 2 or 3 days after ordering I hadn't received any e-mails saying it was being processed or dispatched so I rang them to check and was told it would be dispatched in a day or two. 3 days later I ring again to be told they now had it in stock but it had been sent to them without the spine guard and that they would send it out as soon as that part arrived (I thought it was in stock?) A few days later the body armour arrives (2 days later than I needed it) albeit without the spine protector (some could argue the most important part). After numerous attempts to call them I eventually get through to be told somebody would call me back and yup, I'm still waiting.

Clearly this company are not customer focused and the customer communication is no different to the previous posts.

I'll keep the post updated.

Top Bottom