Proper customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
On my recent Hadrian's Cycleway trip I noticed the screen on my 3 year old Wahoo Roam looked a bit strange, as if it was stating to peel. On closer inspection on my return home It looks more like de-lamination. I sent a pic to Wahoo, they asked for proof of purchase and then collected the unit on Wednesday morning. This morning a brand new unit arrived.

IMG_1407.jpeg

3 year old Wahoo Roam
After 3 years I think that's quite exceptional.

I cannot rate the Wahoo customer service highly enough after a problem on tour. Travelling through places not exactly stocked with Wahoo units we had agreed on a course of action within, I think 48 hours. I was very impressed with how they took my (pretty unusual) situation into account and how flexible they were.

Thermarest, on the other hand, and about the same time, took months before I could even establish contact. Then they wanted me to deal with the shop I bought it in - on the other side of the world. For a company that sells goods specifically to be used when travelling I was appalled.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
They didn't ask any more questions because it's a known issue - one that would, potentially, warrant a recall. Nice for them to deal with it smoothly, but I think we can all agree it would be much better to design and build your stuff properly, so it doesn't happen.

13 rider

Guru
My bolts screen developed lines on the screen before the 2 year warranty was up as I had bought direct from them 1 phone replaced was delivery within 48 hrs and old one returned absolutely no hassle

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't complain at that.

Just took a Samsung Smart Watch back to CEX after a failed screen. Two year guarantee. No quibbles, refunded and used it to get a more robust Samsung watch.

The same can't be said for ATS tyres this morning.

Tom B

Guru
Perhaps we could turn this into a good service thread.

I had a 30 month old Hotpoint fridge freezer fail. Out of warrenty. to cut a long story short it wasn't repairable and 'otpoint said on'yer bike.
I made a claim under the CRA with AO. They grasped the issue, said they'd phone me back once they'd spoken to 'otpoint, they did and gave me a prorate refund for 29/60ths and took it away (after I argued they owned the majority - 31/60ths of it and offered to store it for them at £10 a week).

Another one is Winfield's.

We bought a Coleman Airbeam tent from them 18months ago.
The first time we used it I noticed water at the base of one of the beams and asked them about it, they contacted Coleman and said it was condensation - I wasn't happy because only one was affected but let it develop. This summer our trip was rainy, the problem recurred, I found a leak in the taping of the seams,. I raised it again with Winfield's who grasped the issue, spoke with Coleman and got them to agree to replace the whole tent. Even transferring the replacement to my local store (not the one I bought it from).

livpoksoc

Guru
Fairly basic this one, but I bought two saddles from Sigma earlier this summer. I only intended to keep one, it was purely to check which size was best.

I forgot to return the unwanted one within their 60 days. I contacted them last week, and they offered me a free postage to return (collected from my doorstep!) and will give me store credit. Better than nowt IMO.

Top Bottom