Sir Ken Dodd has Passed Away

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We first saw him live in 1980. The kids were young and we had to leave at 12:30 (midnight).....he was still going strong.

I was just reading......his funeral will be on Wednesday, Thursday and part of Friday :laugh:.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I saw him at the Palace theatre in Redditch about 20 years ago.......his show was very funny........for hour after hour.......after hour........after hour.
You certainly couldn't complain that you weren't getting your money's worth!
When he said - " Don't think you can escape, I'll follow you home and shout jokes through your letterbox!" - I was inclined to believe him.:laugh:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

A very funny man. His shows were legendary . He had been unwell since Christmas and only came out of hospital a few weeks back.

When we seen him we started at half seven, the first half finished about ten and when he come back it went on till half one, as we were leaving he was still on stage and nattering with any member of the audience who wanted to chat to him. A great night out.

Adam4868

Guru
A true legend RIP Doddy

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad news,but it was kind of expected as his illness has been getting quite a few mentions over the last week or so.
This may be just a coincidence,but i was on Accy market last week and i saw some bright pink feather dusters for sale. I thought about buying one. I've never bought a feather duster in my life. "Doddy"'s famous prop was a feather duster type ticking stick.
stream_img.jpg

Mmm,was someone sending me a telepathic message maybe?:scratch:
Anyway, i don't suppose now's the time to ask if they checked under the mattress for hidden wads of cash, when they moved his body.:unsure:
Back on track. We as in mum dad my brother and me saw him perform a few times on our summer holidays to Blackpool in the 1960's. God i hated it!! Those child performers dressed as his "diddy men" made me cringe! I'd spend the bit of the show before they came on dreading their appearance. I just hate child performers. Shirley Temple, Bonnie Langford,Glynn Poole etc etc,but when there's about 30 of them at once!!!:eek:

Top Bottom