Sir Ken Dodd has Passed Away

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
In the mid-60s, Dad was driving us through Gt Yarmouth town centre and spotted him walking along the pavement. He pulled over and spoke to Ken. Rather than get annoyed with us (he was on his way to a performance), over the course of the next few minutes, Ken chatted to all of us, told my sister and I a string of jokes, took our details and a week later we received a large pack each of signed photos, jokes etc. as part of his Fun Club for children. That real warmth made a life-long impression on me. He was a huge star at the time.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
"What a beautiful day for knocking on the front door of The Kremlin and asking, 'is Len in?' "

He was ace. I used to see him in town occasionally doing his bits of shopping. I always left him alone because I always think that famous people are allowed a bit of "down time", but I regret that a bit now as he genuinely didn't mind chatting to people.

A lovely fella, and a genuine one-off. Safe in the paws of his dad's dog now.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
He was ace. I used to see him in town occasionally doing his bits of shopping. I always left him alone because I always think that famous people are allowed a bit of "down time", but I regret that a bit now as he genuinely didn't mind chatting to people.
There was a piece about him in the Guardian not that long ago, in which the journalist was talking to him while out & about, and he was genuinely constantly stopping and chatting to people. One man said he'd recently become a postman. "I suppose it beats walking the streets," said Dodd instantly.

postman

Legendary Member
I am a fan of Ken Dodd.I have seen him a few times,his shows were incredible.His followers yes that what they are, loved him,in Bradford they finished his punchlines off for him when he got a bit lost.
Having read the news this morning i am so pleased he went home,he also married his lovely long time partner who is now a Lady,i wonder if he knew himself it was time,and that's why he went home to the house he loved,born there,married there and finally left us from there,thank you Ken for the number of times my jaw ached with laughter.
He was the greatest and will never see his like again,comedy today is tripe total tripe.The King is dead,R.I.P

subaqua

What’s the point
The best tongue twister - Ken Dodd's dad's dog's dead.
Cough #6

Top Bottom