Site Running Slow

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
glad to see the watchyamacallit thingumybob in the dilithium crystals have vectored and transmogrified the motherboard.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
glad to see the watchyamacallit thingumybob in the dilithium crystals have vectored and transmogrified the motherboard.

Don't tell anyone, but I just banged the top of it and it started working again ... ;)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
and no accidentally tipping the water from the vase down the back again...

Ah ha ... so you had one of those green-screen Sony TVs as well? Mum stopped putting plants on the top of TVs after that. :laugh:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Sorted. :thumbsup:

For the techies: The Shorewall firewall has been installed on the server and the Baidu IP ranges have been blacklisted for the TCP protocol (on port 80).
Shaun
I thought it might have been port 80!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Google showing us some "love" ... :thumbsup: ... all part and parcel of changing the software - the spiders notice the different structure, and because we're a popular site they come along en-mass to update their listings.

Google isn't as aggressive as others, but can still overwhelm your server a little.

It'll calm down over the coming weeks and months, and in the meantime if it gets to be too regular I'll cap the resources on the web server and limit the number of simultaneous requests it can serve.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Google showing us some "love" ... :thumbsup: ... all part and parcel of changing the software - the spiders notice the different structure, and because we're a popular site they come along en-mass to update their listings.

Google isn't as aggressive as others, but can still overwhelm your server a little.

It'll calm down over the coming weeks and months, and in the meantime if it gets to be too regular I'll cap the resources on the web server and limit the number of simultaneous requests it can serve.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Thanx Shaun, I was going to ask you if you could do that:biggrin:

(tbh, you lost me after "cap":rofl:)

Top Bottom