Six in seven drivers involved in cyclist's death avoid jail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anf, as a cyclist, and a caring person, you do care
As an aside, it is only very recently that I've started using terms like cyclist or motorist. And it's only because these are widely accepted terms so I've adopted them in the interest of being able to communicate in commonly accepted language.

Prior to recently, I always referred to someone riding a bike as person on a bike or lad on a bike or lass on a bike or kid on a bike. Likewise for motorist, it's driver of a car or similar

I've decided I was right first time. I don't want to be party to prejudice and stereotyping so once again when I'm on my bike, I'll be a person on a bike and not a cyclist, and when I'm in my car I'll just be me in my car. That way I won't be 'the motorist', enemy of 'the cyclist'.

Drago

Legendary Member
It is quite possible to be a motorist and not misbehave on the road. Membership of a tribe does not make mandatory the worst excesses of behaviour of the minority. Therefore it is not necessary to engage in linguistic pedantry.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It is quite possible to be a motorist and not misbehave on the road. Membership of a tribe does not make mandatory the worst excesses of behaviour of the minority. Therefore it is not necessary to engage in linguistic pedantry.

Unlesz its the BMW, Merc or Audi tribes.

Top Bottom