Sizing of cycling shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Enjoy what have you got.. If they cost you a £20 from Aldi .Or £100 from assos
It does nt matter enjoy your cycling ! :smile: me I just like to know I have comfort and a good fit and
they are going to last me for the next 6 years. it works out about £17 year.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the purpose of padded shorts is to provide comfort - if uncomfortable, you won't enjoy the cycling. Go to a well stocked shop or two, find which shorts fit best - you and your budget - and buy them :smile:

Boon 51

Veteran
You will probably lose weight in time too ... Xl keep hold of them you never know ... padding renew or ripped pair exchange
always got to have spare pair. Think I have about 7 spares shorts through weight losses . tops lost count ?

Are weight loss and cycling... something I know alot about... :biggrin:

OP
OP
GmanUK65

GmanUK65

Über Member
I might be being a bit picky here but, in seeing people wear cycling shorts the front of the padding seems to be high up, is this how the front of the padding should be or does it not matter. As mentioned above with my XL shorts the front of the padding was low and there was a bit of movement within this area. The large shorts I ordered and have now tried are a bit tighter on the legs and there is no movement in the frontal region but the padding is still low, does this matter, or am I just being picky?

justkeeppedaling

Go for a gel pad as well a revelation today 72 miles let them at 71 so best money I've spent
What does that actually mean? Lol

Leodis

Veteran
So let me get this right, you have to spend £100+ on bib shorts to feel comfy for 60 mile plus rides and anything less than that will not be comfy? Sounds odd to me since most of the pads are made in china in the same factory’s.

Top Bottom