Ski Gloves for cyling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
Is there any reason i could not use a pair of skiing/mountain gloves for cycling? They seem to have the necessary dexterity for braking and gear chgaes. Is there something I am missing?
These seem pretty good:

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Anything that works for you. There are no cycling dress codes.

Lovacott

Über Member
Is there any reason i could not use a pair of skiing/mountain gloves for cycling? They seem to have the necessary dexterity for braking and gear chgaes. Is there something I am missing?
These seem pretty good:

I've got a pair of Ski gloves which work fine with the MTB twist shift gears and keep my hands really warm.

The downside is they are so warm that on anything but the coldest of days, my hands sweat inside the gloves making them a bit tricky to get off and on again.

I generally wear the ski gloves in the morning and a pair of work issue gripper gloves on the way home.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I used to use a pair of cheapo Lidl ski gloves until I somehow managed to lose them one night on a ride, Lord knows how. Their replacements are Mountain Warehouse ski gloves for about £20. They are just fine.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
These seem pretty good:
Used them for years whilst commuting on a fixie, the ones i used where no good for gear changing though, to bulky,

sounds great! best of luck!

I love gloves & glove shopping. trying on gloves in a store, they always feel great. one day I'm gonna bring a spray bottle & wet my hands to see how they feel removing & putting them back on. because so many gloves, when your hands are moist from perspiration, are very difficult to put back on, if you remove them for any reason during your ride. I have a pair pf cycling specific gloves that are the same way, but what saves them, is that I bought them extra big, so I can get them back on, despite the moist clingy-ness

Last edited:

Fram

sounds great! best of luck!

I love gloves & glove shopping. trying on gloves in a store, they always feel great. one day I'm gonna bring a spray bottle & wet my hands to see how they feel removing & putting them back on. because so many gloves, when your hands are moist from perspiration, are very difficult to put back on, if you remove them for nay reason during your ride. I have a air pf cycling specific gloves that are the same way, but what saves them, is that I bought them extra big, so I can get them back on, despite the moist clingy-ness
Maybe use squidgy hand sanitizer which is very à la mode currently.

Wear a set of the oh so fashionable disposable gloves. Make sure they are skin tight and not the thin flimsy ones you get at petrol stations for diesel, and you will get your gloves on and off no problem.
Sweat will accumulate inside them, but, if tight, they will act like a wet suit and you hands will stay warm albeit wet.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
When it's freezing or below Aldi ski gloves are the only thing I've found keep my hands warm. Just about enough dexterity to change gear.

Top Bottom