Skinsuits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
If you want a top quality skinsuit they cost a fair bit of cash, however I found these guys do an own brand which is really good quality and available in a variety of sizes and styles. Very fast shipping and no import duty:

http://www.bobshop.de/en/Men-s/Cycling-Bodysuits/

They offer named brand stuff, but really the quality of the bobteam stuff is top draw for the price.

marcusjb

I've been using a Castelli SanRemo 3.0 for a few months now. Very comfy (only done up to 300km in it though), easy to go to the loo, seems well made.

It is consistently faster than bibs and jersey in training.

See how it performs tomorrow in the 24.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The guy wants a skin suit let him get one, just because you old fuddy duddies do not get it does not mean you should be putting him off, Nobody tells you not to buy comfy slippers after all.

He says he's still a novice biker. I think folks are trying to tell him that he's wasting his money in buying something that's not practical for a novice rider. Learn to walk before you attempt to run is the message. Plus he might not look good in one,beer guts in skin suits equals :rofl:.

vickster

Legendary Member
Seems a tad excessive for commuting to spend £200+ As the castelli one suggested, but each to their own. Personally, I think £200 on good wheels would bring better performance gains, but who am I to query someone's fetish! :biggrin:

screenman

Legendary Member
Is he after a performance gain? or does he just want to own a skinsuit. I have a few and if I am just going out for a 25 miler may indeed wear one, I cannot see any reason not too.

vickster

Legendary Member
He says he is serious about training, which presumably means he wants to get better. It's down to him. I don't think he has been answered as to whether he needs to spend £50 or £400, and I guess that depends what he wants from it. Do you need a skin suit to do longer distances or just good comfortable shorts and a well fitting, comfortable bike? Impsport sell them as for TTers, that doesn't mean long distance though usually...no pockets for flapjacks and jelly babies, nor pump etc

OP
OP
Enis Baysal

Enis Baysal

He says he's still a novice biker. I think folks are trying to tell him that he's wasting his money in buying something that's not practical for a novice rider. Learn to walk before you attempt to run is the message. Plus he might not look good in one,beer guts in skin suits equals :rofl:.
Lucky my appearence is thin/athletic - no idea how, worst diet and no excercise for 5 years... Thank the metabolism again^^!

OP
OP
Enis Baysal

Enis Baysal

He says he is serious about training, which presumably means he wants to get better. It's down to him. I don't think he has been answered as to whether he needs to spend £50 or £400, and I guess that depends what he wants from it. Do you need a skin suit to do longer distances or just good comfortable shorts and a well fitting, comfortable bike? Impsport sell them as for TTers, that doesn't mean long distance though usually...no pockets for flapjacks and jelly babies, nor pump etc
Well to make it easier to understand.. at the moment I am cycling with tracksuit bottoms and hoodie.. to be honest I would imagine that even as a novice the air resistance is still holding me back. And yes I aim at training and improving my times, aiming for better times and average speed, seperately learning to cycle for longer. Mtb shoes finally came etc. Time to hit the road and see if I can feel the difference.
I wasnt really a fan of cycling in tracksuits as its not exactly a smooth ride and I come across as the kind of guy who is just missing a can of stella and a cig in my gob. Not a good look.
Thank you all for your responses^^

vickster

Legendary Member
Wouldn't bibshorts or waist shorts and a jersey be a more practical and cost effective solution for now? As mentioned, a skinsuit is more for racing. Every day we just wear shorts and a jersey

screenman

Legendary Member
He is very new to cycling, on another post he has just put up is asking what sort of pedals he has on his bike, so maybe he does not know what a skin suit is.

vickster

Legendary Member
It could be that you are right :smile:

Enis - just get to Decathlon at Lakeside and get some bibshorts (not the cheapest ones, go mid range), a couple of tight jerseys with rear pockets and some mitts and you'll be set for the summer until you start racing and need the skinsuit

Forget skinsuits for anything other than time trials
I wore mine for Cyclo-Cross a few times
Impsport and made to your size which is very important.
http://www.impsport.com/category/cycling-skinsuits
Impsport provided our (old colours) Club skin-suits, BioRacer provide the new colours, & they're very nice indeed

Brother-in-law in my old one, & me in the present colours

Nowadays, both are just in a kit-bag, as I've not ridden 'cross since 2010!!!

Skin-Suit. 1.JPG

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I wore mine for Cyclo-Cross a few times

Impsport provided our (old colours) Club skin-suits, BioRacer provide the new colours, & they're very nice indeed

Brother-in-law in my old one, & me in the present colours

Nowadays, both are just in a kit-bag, as I've not ridden 'cross since 2010!!!

View attachment 48674
That's a rather loving look you're giving the other guy there, Richard....

Top Bottom