Skip truck. GK57JYV, west london Saturday 21st February 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Read my above posts.

sadly I am of the same opinion as others. not much good.

no response, apart from when I posted a comment about them not giving a flying one, then they sent a crappy response . several reports , and only the one response.
when I reported the car that very nearly knocked young sub off his bike on the 20mph residential road with speed control ( ha) measures and then tried to run me over I missed out roadsafe and went straight to the 999 system . the lovely constable that came out the next day to take statements expressed his opinion of the roadsafe initiative.

the phrase ticks in boxes is another way of putting it.

could be worse. if it is a Taxi they get away with all offences on the road as the PCO say down to police and police will say down to PCO. even TfL don't give a flying one. although that is stating the blindingly bleedin........

classic33

Leg End Member
You're only checking vehicle owners details. Askmid, listed in commuting does the same.
You want to know the type try a tyre checking site. I've used blackcircle.com before

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Possibly, couldn't tell you. They told the company they need to be careful as incidents like this could jeopardise their license.
I'm unaware of any link between Roadsafe reports and licensing. AFAICS, they could get a billion Roadsafe reports and it would have zero effect on the license of either the company or the driver.

My advice to anyone who wants to actually do something about it would be to go to a police station and fill out a careless or dangerous driving report.

classic33

Leg End Member
Reports made to the Traffic Commissioners are taken seriously.
They are the same people that can revoke an operators licence or place restriction on it.

classic33

Leg End Member
@slomotion, what about http://rate-driver.co.uk/EK?p=315
Registration plate GK57JYV.png

Official local mnemonic: Garden of England
Postal area: Maidstone
Issued: between september 2007 and february 2008

Plate coming up as not known.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thank you all for the advice. It seems pretty clear that you can't get the owner details from the reg. number without being a little economical with the truth. The red mist clears quite quickly with me, and I don't like festering on things too much, but I think it would be faintly irresponsible not to flag a bit of dangerous driving that might have serious consequences in the future if unreported. I will send an email to the Traffic Commissioners and wipe the whole incident from my memory.

Thanks.

idlecyclist

Read my above posts.

I did.

I enjoyed reading it immensely, I particularly like the bit were you said "lorry" and the use of the word "latter" was sublime.
Well worth a second read.

I very glad that your experience of Roadsafe was a positive one. I wish i could say the same.

Top Bottom