Skipton or Otley?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Have you been possessed by @Markymark :ohmy:

Bexleyheath is hardly Belgravia either :whistle:
The beating heart of cosmopolitan London. Zone 5 innit.

My aunt lived in Skipton and my mum lived in Glossop so I’m down with the northerners.

alicat

Legendary Member
Anyhow back to Yorkshire much of which is utterly lovely :okay:

Excuse me, almost all of Yorkshire is utterly lovely.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Nothing much goes on in Ilkley, it's too quiet for my mum. Both Otley & Skipton are easy for me to get to, even cycling, both have hospitals, both clubs & stuff for oldies.

She's still bombing about in her Fiat 500 and is in rude health, so the lack of a station in Otley is no big deal and I did look at the bus station & timetables to Leeds last week.

She wants an apartment, no more garden, but l reckon she'll miss having one and she can always pay for help.

I have sent her this link.:okay:
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71765530.html

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Back to reality,---- As your mum is getting on a bit, I would of thought the best place to move to would be the one that has easy reach to local services such as the doctor, hospital, and local shops. It's no good getting stuck when you are not well, or having a trek to get anywhere useful, especially if the weather turns a bit nasty in winter.

alicat

Legendary Member
Please don't say that. Their heads are swollen enough as it is!!:rolleyes:

And mine is among them. If you chop my arm off, it says 'Yorkshire and proud of it' right the way through.

And there a number if shoot holes in Yorkshire TBF

No, it's an article of faith that all of Yorkshire is lovely; it's just that some parts are more lovely than others.

Anyway to get back to the OP, I've never really liked Otley so I would choose Skipton or failing that Harrogate - somewhere near the Stray and Betty's.

Top Bottom