SKS Rennkompressor - any experience please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Unfortunatlely my recently-purchased Condor Supremacy floor pump has shat the bed and I'm considering a refund rather than replacement (will update that thread once its sorted, if anyone's bothered).

Quality / longevity / servicability are of importance and the Rennkompressor seems to stand out in this regard.

I'm not bothered by the weight, like the foldyness of the feet, traditional materials and reputation; but am not overly sold on the aesthetic, asymmetry of the feet or gauge position. They seem to get mostly positive, if somewhat mixed reviews.

10062.jpg

Looking for experiences from anyone whose owned / used these in the past please :smile:

I have had mine for almost 20 years - in that time I had to replace the rubber bits in the head ut its dead easy. Super reliable and built in pressure gauge is very useful. Its done a lot of pumping...

PapaZita

Guru
How does the EVA head work? Does it have a typical reversible seal that needs to be changed around to suite Presta and Shrader valves? If so that could be a bit of a pain as I run both..

There’s no need to reverse the seal. It’s just one rubber bit that smooshes down and seals over a valve of either size. There’s a little widget in there too that does whatever needs to be done to the pin of a Schrader valve. I’ve always found it easy to use, and it makes a reliable leak free seal.

I did have to service one once. I don’t remember the details, but i think there was debris under an o-ring leading to an air leak. It was fiddly, but at least it was possible, and it’s been trouble free ever since.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Life's too precious to fritter away on using inferior track pumps. Rennkompressor is the business, for LVHP road tyres at least. My only minor gripe is that because they go up to such fantabulously high pressure, the gauge can be a little difficult to read with a high level of precision. Personally that doesn't bother me too much but I know some people like to be very specific about their pressures.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Did not like mine at all. Heads are rubbish. Gauge literally fell apart. It won't stand up on its own easily. And it's made in China.

Binned the remains and fixed my Topeak Joe Blow instead.

Top Bottom