Sky broadband and TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
I have been very happy with my broadband as supplied by Zen for many many years. We also subscribe to Netflix.
Sky are now pushing broadband with Sky streaming and Netflix for £39 per month.

Mrs Domus is keen, I have my doubts. Advice please

midlife

Guru
How much do you pay for broadband / Netflix at the moment?

I guess for that price sky doesn't come with the sky glass tv

We swapped to Sky less than a year ago

Basically because Virgin put their prices up AGAIN and when I tried to knock them down they went down by about £20 and included slower Broadband in the deal!

It may be worth saying that I got a much lower price from a Sky "shop" - actually a stand in a local shopping centre - than I did over the WWW and by phone - might be worth looking if there is one near you

midlife

Guru
It's certainly cheaper from sky with the bundle at the outset, not sure how much it will go up after the initial period.

Bird in the hand and all that with what you have?

Been happy with Sky, solid 150mbps. Supposed to be getting full fibre shortly but not sure a faster speed is much use?

We’ve got YouFibre which is full fibre to the house and get 1GB download and upload speed. It flies! They are using their own installs and not piggybacking on BT or Virgin so might not be available. Many cities now have their own cityfibre provider too.

A fast upload speed is great if you upload loads of data to say a work VPN or hold massive conference calls, a lot of providers sell a high download speed for streaming, fast downloads etc but neglect to tell you the poor upload speeds!

vickster

Legendary Member
I have been very happy with my broadband as supplied by Zen for many many years. We also subscribe to Netflix.
Sky are now pushing broadband with Sky streaming and Netflix for £39 per month.

Mrs Domus is keen, I have my doubts. Advice please

What speeds do they claim for your address.
They often get flamed on Facebook for poor broadband speeds once installed. Plus massive price hikes once the promo period is up (and RPI hikes when still in that period).
I’ve had Sky TV for years, never their BB as speeds are poor where I am and prices high!
Check the small print. It’ll be basic Netflix and you may have to pay extra for HD / UHD

Top Bottom