Slashing the Christmas card list.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My mums card arrived today.
The Royal Mail strikers seem to be scoring an own goal if everybody gets late Christmas cards and doesn’t bother next year.

Chislenko

Veteran
I wrote to Talk Talk in October, still no reply although I think that has nowt to do with a postal strike 😊

tyred

Legendary Member
I sent 5 cards and have only received 2.

One of those was hand delivered.

I this might be able to reduce my Christmas card list even further next time...

gbb

Legendary Member
This year seems to be what could be a seed change in people's expectations. Being a fella, they're not high on my list of priorities , don't care if I get any or not, but my wife, for the first time didn't send any or receive any from family or work colleagues.

First time ever. It seems to me people have decided we all have more important things to think about

Flip side, I did go to get my wife one and the shop hadn't a single card for wife, partner, the one I love etc etc. Dont know if they'd just run out, poorly anticipated demand or what ?

I am usually pretty shabby at sending cards out but this year because of the postal strike I bought and sent early. However my 3 Siblings and my son decided to send none at all to anyone. Pity they didnt tell me before I bothered. ( only card i got was from my partner, my mum ( arrived yesterday) and my Daughter ( hand delivered)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Another 6 cards received this morning. Jan 3rd.

All posted well before the deadline.
One had £30 book token as a gift.

I have not sent a Christmas card in many years and, as a result, the number I receive has diminished significantly.

I only received two this year, oddly from local MPs. No idea how I got on that list.

Personally I think they are a terrible waste of money. I’ll leave it to you to decide whether that means cards, MPs or both. 😂

Top Bottom