Sleep APPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
At the risk of sounding dumb, why would anyone need a sleep app? Your body tells you if its well rested surely?

With a watch rather than a phone app, but it can monitor the duration, heart rate throughout the night, how many and what sleep cycles, SP02 (if enabled) and also apnea (if enabled). It will also record audio along with recording the instances of snoring

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
With a watch rather than a phone app, but it can monitor the duration, heart rate throughout the night, how many and what sleep cycles, SP02 (if enabled) and also apnea (if enabled). It will also record audio along with recording the instances of snoring

Why would anyone want to know that?

Jody

Stubborn git
Why would anyone want to know that?

Not everyone would want to but it maybe insightful for some.

Night time disturbances which include apnea

Lethargy caused by bad sleep hygiene

Measurable improvements to sleep quality (if that's your goal)

A bit like Strava. Not everyone is interested in how many meters they've climbed or what average speed was achieved when all they wanted to do was go for a bike ride.

CXRAndy

Guru
I found the Garmin 6 watch pretty reliable in assessing my sleep, HRV and body battery.

I do use it to guide me on my health status. It detects stress from exercise or body processing excess food or drink.

Petrichorwheels

Minutely monitoring my sleep would just stress me out because I'm getting too much/too little/the wrong type etc. I put them in the same catagory as smart meters and credit scoring apps - solutions in search of a problem (or potential sales in search of a market).

agree totally -
I know when I've slept well.
and when not (often due to alcohol or having eaten too much/the wrong stuff/too late)

Last edited by a moderator:

Petrichorwheels

who cares? - now a device which would record my dreams (or at least give me reminder hooks on waking) I would be really genuinely interested in. As long as it wasn't locked onto some sort of safe/minor censorship mode of course.

A good night's sleep is possibly the single most important influence on our health.

And since we're us it's most likely that some of us need 8 hours a night and others thrive on 6. Or whatever.

For some people, simply "feeling tired" isn't enough data to work with and a good app can actually help identify an issue or prevent a problem developing.

The question though is about the quality of the apps or the equipment they use.

Lots of people don't like bikes. Or understand people who ride bikes. I don't think we'd take too kindly to them coming on here and peeing all over our chats about bikes and biking.

Top Bottom