Sleep trackers (fitness bands)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Been wearing mine about a week now, seems to tell me I do more steps that my iPhone tells me I do, and I thought my iPhone was too high :-/

Sleep tracker is pretty good but it seems not to be able to track naps during the day, it only logs your nightly sleep, but it seems pretty accurate with that. I'm gonna give it another week or so but I'm tempted to bosh it on eBay and give one of the Garmin ones a go instead.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My replacement Jawbone Up24 was delivered promptly from their Support Team. My wife's jawbone is working great still, and my current one has been through a fair bit of sweat tests. Mine is waking me up, or at least it's the get out of bed alarm.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
That http://www.techlech.com/wearables/xiaomi-mi-band-review is 100th the cost of my Vivosmart!!! Buy it.

I like the social side of things though. There's a really good fb group for Vivo, and it seemlessly fits in with the Garmin universe.

WOW...I am not but being funny but the idea of a social side to sleep tracking, has to be the basis of a joke. I am so pleased I was born in the time where you had to get out of the house to have a social life. But I appreciate times have changed. Best of luck with tracking your sleep.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
You had best sleep on that one Steve.

Distance on mine is fine, which is only inaccurately if you height leg length ratio are extremely average.
Sleep tracking is certainly better just using a smartphone.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I use the sleep tracker app on my iPhone, but only as an alarm if I actually have to get up super early for something.

I have a toddler who jumps on my head every morning at about the same time. That seems to be a very effective way of being woken up.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Update on my Mi Band - found the steps a bit inaccurate so I gave it to my GF who liked the sleep monitoring. I bought a Garmin Vivosmart and have been wearing now for a day...and I love it! Notifications are brilliant, can link up with my 510 HR and Speed / Cadence stuff, links it all with Garmin Connect and passes the info to MyFitnessPal. Only shame is the sleep monitoring analysis doesn't go into my iPhone HeathKit but I can live with that as the info isn't much use.

Mi Band is a great piece of kit for the money, no question, but if you spend a bit more you will be impressed!

(PS Garmin Vivofit 1 is 50% off at Wiggle atm)

Stephenite

Membå
I see that Garmin have updated their server-side software. Their activity trackers now automatically detect sleeping and waking.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My Second UP24 died. Jawbone support is a joke. Got offered the cheap crap Up Move with a complimentary strap. It's a £40 replacement for a £100 device.

Got to see if boots will take it back for a refund as the replacement was red not black (because they had no black replacement bands).

My wife's still works but I you have a tenancy to sweat a bit when riding your bike it will die. And that's winter sweat levels. I think one summers day would kill the up24.

Avoid the Jawbone devices. Their support forum is full of faulty units.

Feel sorry for my wife as she bought it me as a present. I'll never touch Jawbone stuff again. Poor support then offer you a cheap replacement. I've had about 10 weeks use in the last 20 weeks of having a device.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Still using my Mi Band. Still getting a lot of walking done, though have done little to no cycling of recent.
It seems 90% to 100% accurate for distance, though obviously it would be dead easy to calibrate to exactly 100% if need be.

The only niggle was losing one walk, which I hope/assume was caused by a reset that happened when I clunked it into the metal door catch on arriving home. It has not missed a beat otherwise.

Today was my longest for a long while, 20.08 km in just over 4 hours.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Still using my Mi Band. Still getting a lot of walking done, though have done little to no cycling of recent.
It seems 90% to 100% accurate for distance, though obviously it would be dead easy to calibrate to exactly 100% if need be.

The only niggle was losing one walk, which I hope/assume was caused by a reset that happened when I clunked it into the metal door catch on arriving home. It has not missed a beat otherwise.

Today was my longest for a long while, 20.08 km in just over 4 hours.
Can you link the Mi band to a gps tracker as well? Sync it to a garmin or mapmyride or similar?

The problem is the accelerometer

I have the Vivosmart as an update for the FitBit One

The difference is staggering

Yesterday in the bike the Vivosmart was telling me that I was sedate and the "Move" alert was reminding me to move

Meanwhile the Fitbit On records 3,000 steps and 20 floors for the same journry1

Last edited:

J1888

Über Member
So far so good on my Jawbone Up24...scared that it'll pack up at any time though!!

Fyi they're bringing out a new one

Top Bottom