sleeping at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I am woeful and tired because at work they have knocked down a partition wall rendering obsolete an unused stockroom of which I was the only key owner.

This is where I used to go for my envigorating post-lunch nap, the 'Power Hour', but those days are seemingly gone.

I don't just want to lazily nick people's suggestions, but where does everyone else go for a kip a work?

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

The only time I've ever fallen asleep at work was at lunchtime, at my desk. Fortunately no-one came in before I woke up. I don't think.

The best way to do this is to wear a phone head set, and rest your head in your hands, and a powerpoint slide on the desk.

This makes it look like a conference call... but you'll only get about 5-10 minutes proper sleep from this technique.

Many moons ago at a petrochemical plant I worked at there was a lovely warm corner of a switchroom that was great for an afternoon nap or a longer snooze during a night shift. However on sevral occasions my nap was disturbed by a call on my radio to go and look at some troublesome valve or transmitter:sad:

domtyler

Über Member
Why not just find out if there are any hotels near by that will let you rent a room for an hour?

snorri

Legendary Member
Asleep at work, reminds me of the guy who was telling the boss how busy he had been as they walked to the tea room. As he washed his hands at the sink he glanced at the mirror and saw the pattern of his aran jersey clearly imprinted on his forehead. Oh dear:sad:

PrettyboyTim

Under your desk. Often people won't even realise you're there. I've taken naps at lunchtime that way before. The hum of the computers can be quite relaxing, too.

we have one paticular toilet that has no exterior walls so you can go in, lock the door and turn the light off so it's pitch black. very conducive for a nap. also has the toilet roll holder positioned conveniently close by so you can rest your arm on it and then rest your head on your arm.

i've climbed many rungs on the career ladder with these power naps!

Maz

Guru
fella at work sometimes nods off during telecons...we take the piss and stick post-it notes on his head...doesnt always realise even when he does flicker back to life.

stevenb

I nearly always sit in my car at lunch....listen to a radio program while eating my lunch and recline the seat and shut my eyes for 20-30 mins.
It often helps getting some fresh air and getting away from the 'Buzz' atmosphere at work.
Even in the 'Hub' of the building where our coffee shop is it's all noisy and bustling with people.
If I'm not tired I always have a book with me that I can read.
I would never sleep in the offices or the building....or I'd risk getting fired.:biggrin:

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

trustysteed said:
we have one paticular toilet that has no exterior walls so you can go in, lock the door and turn the light off so it's pitch black. very conducive for a nap. also has the toilet roll holder positioned conveniently close by so you can rest your arm on it and then rest your head on your arm.

A hermetically sealed bog unit is perfect for kipping. Nothing worse than being woken up by someone getting over enthusiastic in the next cubicle... or worse... someone whistling whilst doing their ablutions

Top Bottom