Slightly delicate thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry about this, legitimate question, but if you're young-ish probably best to not read this.

I am about to embark on a long cycle ride, probably from John-o-groats to lands end, but looking at around twelve days to do it.

However, about two years ago I developed a pilonodal sinus round about the base of the spine, top of the cheeks, you know where I'm talking about. Operation, removal, all fine, but I understand that it's possible to exacerbate this and rejuvinate this by cycling and possibly bring about a reoccurence.

I was wondering whether any of the other cyclists out there (I'm usually a distant runner) might have tips about how to avoid this situation in long saddle exposure, or any ways to make it more comfortable...

Sorry, perhaps too much detail, but any suggestions for accomodating the WW2 "Jeep Seat" would be appreciated....

Many thanks,

Tim.

I know nothing about the condition but I would think having the right saddle might help, so what saddle have you got?

jay clock

Massive member
I am not sure why anyone young would be particularly concerned by a medical bum related problem....

It sounds to me like the further forward you are tipped (ie head down aero position) the less contact that lump would have with the saddle. But of course a mad TT position may give other comfort problems. Also how about a saddle with a gap/knick in it? I have an older version of something a bit like this http://www.simpsoncycles.co.uk/product.php?xProd=944

Top Bottom