Slime and new tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

already have sime in my wheels, but i am needing new tyres but cause i already have slime put into it, would that mean i would have to get a whole new wheel or not?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I doubt your Carrera MTB is a tubeless set up, I’m guessing you have slime filled inner tubes?
If so just replace the tyre, use the existing tube, you certainly don’t need a new wheel!

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

I doubt your Carrera MTB is a tubeless set up, I’m guessing you have slime filled inner tubes?
If so just replace the tyre, use the existing tube, you certainly don’t need a new wheel!
no its not tubeless.
but i thought the slime sits in between the inner tube and the tyre, or is it actually inside the inner tube.
if so, would i just let air out of the tyre, take the old tyre of the inner tube, and put the new one in, and then pump it up again?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
no its not tubeless.
but i thought the slime sits in between the inner tube and the tyre, or is it actually inside the inner tube.
if so, would i just let air out of the tyre, take the old tyre of the inner tube, and put the new one in, and then pump it up again?
Yes slime is within the inner tube, let the air out, remove the tyre, fit new tyre and inflate. Easy Peezy!😀

Top Bottom