Slime innertube valve sealed itself.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
I recently bought a couple of Dr Sludge innertubes for use on the clunker.

When I have come to fit them I have found I can't inflate the tyre, either with the bike pump or a compressor.

I presume the slime has sealed the valve.

Any ideas how to unslime these valves?

D

Deleted member 26715

Schrader or Presto?

Edit:- Oops Presta :laugh:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I stopped using Dr Sludge ones for this very reason. I have also found they no longer seal as good as they used to.

The sealant they are using seems to separate (like oil from water) and ends up looking like bird crap

I have been using Slime Tubes instead, which can still clog a bit, but not as much as Dr Sludge ones do

PS: I have found when deflating the wheel, Spinning it first and having the valve at 3 O'clock or 9 O'clock helps

D

Deleted member 26715

I stopped using Dr Sludge ones for this very reason. I have also found they no longer seal as good as they used to.

The sealant they are using seems to separate (like oil from water) and ends up looking like bird crap

I have been using Slime Tubes instead, which can still clog a bit, but not as much as Dr Sludge ones do

PS: I have found when deflating the wheel, Spinning it first and having the valve at 3 O'clock or 9 O'clock helps
Must admit I have stopped using Dr Sludge not particular for this reason but just because I don't feel they last as long or seal as well as others

Levo-Lon

Guru
Should have screw in valves..pop it out and use a small nail or anything that goes into the open valve and poke it clear.

OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
Cheers folks. Ended up taking it back and swapping it. Least I know the seal is good!

Top Bottom