Slimming World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
If this is not in the right place please move :smile:

I've decided to go to Slimming World.
I went years ago in-between kids, and was doing well until I fell pregnant :laugh:
Anyway, I've tried to cut back myself but I just can't manage it. I'm gaining weight again and it's making me very uncomfortable.
So, next week is my first visit!
Anyone else doing it and how are you finding it?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Several of my friends are (all in different parts of the country) and they sing its praises. Good luck. :thumbsup:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good luck SL. My mum did it years ago and lost about 3 stone. Then we had a bereavement in the family and she stopped going, but she said how great they were.

Heifer73

Hi

Good luck keep us posted on your progress. My niece and her partner are doing it and having great success.

Have you changed you mind about getting a PT?

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Hi

Good luck keep us posted on your progress. My niece and her partner are doing it and having great success.

Have you changed you mind about getting a PT?
I'm still mulling that one over!
I'm upping my Tai Chi classes to 3 a week and am going to be cycling more as our local co-op (literally across the street from me) has shut and the new Aldi won't open until next August. So although I have the car, I plan to cycle up to the local Tesco and to town - have panniers, will cycle!

Heifer73

Hi

I like that plan better than the PT, they can be so expensive. Upping the Thai Chi and cycling along with SW with get you results. From what I remember reading the issue was with food so SW should help with the control.

Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

PS I am back on WW and walking 2.5 miles to work now, was using the bike to commute however only allowed out on it once a week after operation last year.

Rykard

Veteran
my oh is going to SW and finding it ok, she can't exercise atm due to a neck/back injury.

wrt exercise can you get a kettlebell? I am doing 15mins a day and it seems to be working ok...

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
my oh is going to SW and finding it ok, she can't exercise atm due to a neck/back injury.

wrt exercise can you get a kettlebell? I am doing 15mins a day and it seems to be working ok...
I'm limited due to injuries/arthritis and my FM, which causes micro muscle tears. I've had (failed) surgery on one elbow already and my shoulder is currently giving me grief and I'm awaiting physio as I've had 3 failed injections into it now.
So, I have to be careful!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Upping exercise will help you stay healthy, but unlikely to be a sole reason to lose weight.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to out-exercise a poor diet.
I know I need to change my diet, hence going to SW. The exercise keeps me busy and stops me eating when I'm bored :laugh:
I need to change my diet for good.

Saluki

World class procrastinator

I went years ago in-between kids, and was doing well until I fell pregnant :laugh:
Anyway, I've tried to cut back myself but I just can't manage it. I'm gaining weight again and it's making me very uncomfortable.
I am a SW-er and so is @Ern1e

I don't want to do WW. It seems too complicated compared with SW.
I know what I need to do but I need the encouragement. It's doubly hard when you battle depression too.

It's not a thread about WW it's a thread about all of us who are watching our weight :hungry:^_^
Here you go.

Another diet buddy is very welcome :okay:
Overnight Oats, rock!

Ern1e

Über Member

Hi @ScotiaLass yes me and my good lady have been going SW for around the last 4 years, me I am now a target member for the last four and a bit lol. Mrs ern1e is still loosing but up to press is an amazing 10 st 3 lbs less ! yes she was a very BIG girl she used to weigh in at a tad over 27 st and a size 32, Now she is merely size 20 so yes SW works and the more effort you put in the better your personal gain is, Jane (oh) is now loosing at a slower rate and after is female ! I used to be told us males having no ovaries can and unfortunately do loose faster than you ladies. Best bit of the SW diet thing is you can stuff yer face as much as you want and still loose weight. So go to group and enjoy and I will watch your progress reports lol.

Top Bottom