Slimming World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The trouble with diets is that they don't last and as soon as you go off them,all your weight goes back on and more.The way is to eat sensibly and exercise. I have never been on a diet and never intend to willingly.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
The trouble with diets is that they don't last and as soon as you go off them,all your weight goes back on and more.The way is to eat sensibly and exercise. I have never been on a diet and never intend to willingly.
It's a sensible eating plan with low fats and lots of fruit and veg :smile:
My trouble is I can't just have one biscuit :laugh:

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I should have gone to SW this morning but not having a great day. I'll go to the 7.30pm class to be told that I've put on 3lbs or so on account of having breakfast, lunch and a few cups of tea. Heigh ho. Otherwise I'll have to pay double next week and that really peeves me off.
Just found out that I can go to any club, I might go to the one a couple of miles up the road tomorrow, when I haven't had breakfast, lunch and cups of tea. Then I'll not be feeling miserable about it. :smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
Yeah. I hadn't been able to eat what I wanted for almost 2 years, so I went a bit nuts lol.
I had lost a lot of weight during the 2 years though so was disappointed to pile it back on again :sad:
It's all to easy to do but so much harder to get rid of lol, the way you are going to date I don't think it will take you long to get back to the "the old" you. Just do not go back to the "old you" ways of eating which can at times be a whole lot easier to do than being sensible ! Must admit that at times I have been tempted to just ring out for a pizza delivery but so far managed to resit it lol.

Ern1e

Über Member
I should have gone to SW this morning but not having a great day. I'll go to the 7.30pm class to be told that I've put on 3lbs or so on account of having breakfast, lunch and a few cups of tea. Heigh ho. Otherwise I'll have to pay double next week and that really peeves me off.
Just found out that I can go to any club, I might go to the one a couple of miles up the road tomorrow, when I haven't had breakfast, lunch and cups of tea. Then I'll not be feeling miserable about it. :smile:
I knowjust what you mean on that plus it gets worse once you hit target ! The 3 lbs + or - is ok but if you go out and more so on the minus side and don't put it back on the next week you get to pay for not doing so, now that really does' get my goat.

Saluki

Scales said that I had put on 1.5lbs but I was wearing jeans instead of work out clothes. Normally, after weigh in, I go directly to the gym so in appropriate clothing. If not off to gym I'm off for a bike ride. Similarly light clothing.
I won the raffle which was a shopping bag of basic free food. Thank God! I only risked 50p as there weren't many people at the class and thought it worth a shot. That food will see me through the weekend now as my cupboards are pretty bare this week. We had a hose go on the car and it was not very easily accessible without ramps. Happily we have a tame mechanic but he still needed paying.
Just had 4 weeks payment go in from my guitar job so Hubster wants to get some proper food in but I'm worried that he'll just sit and stuff it.

Saluki

Well done.
I made SW mousse today (half a syn a serving, or just 2 syns for the whole lot)

Pot Quark, Pot fat free creme fraiche, stir together and stir in a cadburys options sachet of your choice and mix some more. Decant into dish and eat :okay: Gorgeous. It's my new 'go to - I need something sweet and I need it now' fix

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well done.
I made SW mousse today (half a syn a serving, or just 2 syns for the whole lot)

Pot Quark, Pot fat free creme fraiche, stir together and stir in a cadburys options sachet of your choice and mix some more. Decant into dish and eat :okay: Gorgeous. It's my new 'go to - I need something sweet and I need it now' fix
Oh I've made that. I found it a bit sweet tbh, but it's handy if needed.
I've found myself craving less and less sugary stuff theses days, but I know what you mean about needing it NOW! :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
The wife has done WW and now follows SW...I say follows, she uses is as part of her regime.
WW was good, it helped her, along with a huge amount of excercise to lose around 6 stone. But, its calorie based amd she always felt hungry, nearly always and it seemed to me she was eating as little as possible...and it was boring (she said)
SW, if I have it right is about food types, 'frees' and balance. She never feels hungry now and seems to enjoy eating so much more, and even eats things she never could before.
Hats off to anyone who has to work incredibly hard to lose weight...I know watching the wife, it can be a long hard process.

ste.pearson

Formerly known as stevieP
Great thread peeps keep it going, i joined slimming world 5 weeks ago and iv'e lost 1st 6 lbs. It dose not really feel like i'm on a diet either,loving it,its going to be a long time till i reach target but i will get there.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Had a gain of ½ lb this week.
I didn't go off plan but did eat loads!
Just had a BBQ for the lads birthday tomorrow and did well, with pork medallions, chicken kebabs and tuna steak plus salad.
I did however have a bit of cake.
Tomorrow is another day!

11954700_10153084612442061_1564603915049002687_n.jpg

2015-08-25 16.05.59.png

Top Bottom