Slimming World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Question.....
Normally when on the MTB, I carry an energy gel (hate them but sometimes useful) or have something sugary to give me a boost.
Is there anything you use which would work, and not use up all my syns?
I'm going out tomorrow on the MTB so would like to be prepared!

Could you eat bits of flap jack at regular intervals, or do they not fit in with the plans?

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Could you eat bits of flap jack at regular intervals, or do they not fit in with the plans?
Too much sugar etc.
I've worked out I can have an Alpen light bar, a 25g bag of jelly babies and a 'lite' sports drink for 10 syns. I get up to15 a day so that could be a possibility. See how it goes tomorrow!

stephec

Legendary Member
Too much sugar etc.
I've worked out I can have an Alpen light bar, a 25g bag of jelly babies and a 'lite' sports drink for 10 syns. I get up to15 a day so that could be a possibility. See how it goes tomorrow!
There's plenty of recipes for homemade ones you could adapt, or what about dried fruit?

Ern1e

Über Member
Too much sugar etc.
That sounds good to me ! I usually take a couple of hi-fi bars but in my case it is a little different with me being at target. I would reserve the jelly babies in case you need a quick sugar boost lol.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
That sounds good to me ! I usually take a couple of hi-fi bars but in my case it is a little different with me being at target. I would reserve the jelly babies in case you need a quick sugar boost lol.
Yes. I'll only use them if the banana etc doesn't work.
I wouldn't normally be bothered but I'm doing a ride in the morning on the hybrid, around 20 miles, then another 15 approx, later!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Too much sugar etc.
On a longer ride, I just say 'stuff it' and have some cake. I figure that anything over about 23 miles is going to more than doubly work off the cake. Then the cake is my only extra from Free, A & B food.
50g of Carrot Cake is 10 syns.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Most of the Weight Watchers cake slices are 4 syns a bit. Almond slices are 5 syns and the WW things are a handy size to take with you. Soreen snack packs are 8 syns but there is a heck of a lot there with 2 slices, ready buttered, whereas a plain flapjack at the same weight (45g) is a whole 10-12 syns depending on a brand.
Curly Wurlys are still the SW Dieters snack of choice at 6 syns but they go really horrible in your bike jersey pocket so best give that a swerve.
(Chatting online with some of the extended group this morning:laugh: Curly Wurlys on a bike ride :rofl: I don't know where they think we are going to put one, one even suggested taking a little handbag along)

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Most of the Weight Watchers cake slices are 4 syns a bit. Almond slices are 5 syns and the WW things are a handy size to take with you. Soreen snack packs are 8 syns but there is a heck of a lot there with 2 slices, ready buttered, whereas a plain flapjack at the same weight (45g) is a whole 10-12 syns depending on a brand.
Curly Wurlys are still the SW Dieters snack of choice at 6 syns but they go really horrible in your bike jersey pocket so best give that a swerve.
(Chatting online with some of the extended group this morning:laugh: Curly Wurlys on a bike ride :rofl: I don't know where they think we are going to put one, one even suggested taking a little handbag along)
I take a backpack on the MTB and have a rack bag on the hybrid, so a curly curly is no challenge for me! :laugh:
I'm just back from 18 miles on the hybrid and about to shower and get a clean set of cycling gear on for my MTB ride!

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well week two weigh-in is tomorrow!
I've had my moments this week but managed to stick to it.
I always tend to get hungry in the evenings, especially after cycling. So I've been keeping a careful watch on my syns during the day and making sure I have enough to have a couple of weetabix in the evening, if needed.
Still struggling to consume the amount of water and fruit and veg that I should be.

Ern1e

Über Member
Well week two weigh-in is tomorrow!
I've had my moments this week but managed to stick to it.
I always tend to get hungry in the evenings, especially after cycling. So I've been keeping a careful watch on my syns during the day and making sure I have enough to have a couple of weetabix in the evening, if needed.
Still struggling to consume the amount of water and fruit and veg that I should be.
It can be a little difficult eating all you should but stick at it lol, any way we have had some bad news our group has had to be cancelled this week ! so we popped into another one too get weighed and it seems that this week am now half pound over target !! am I bothered no not yet I will just have to shift it for next week.

Ern1e

Über Member
Another 3lb this week :wahhey:
Well done that lady !!! Just to update on my earlier post re group cancelation it's looking like it could end up with group closure ! This due to our not having a consultant at the mo, we have been getting cover from others but this week no one available !!! So rang the SW head office who told me some one would ring me back shortly, about an hour later got a call from the area controller very nice lady called Bev who assured me that was the last thing she and SW wanted to happen and how would I like to take it on ! Stone me now there's something I have never considered my honest answer was thanks but no thank you, this due to having listened to the "terms and conditions" £1500.00 quid plus stock ! not cheap to say the least and it's down to you to build the group back up etc. Ok whilst I am a great beliver in this I don't think that I am the " right " person for the job mainly due to I am more of things like oh you've had a little gain this week my answer would be " you've shoved the wrong stuff down yer neck then " instead of "are you ok with that do you know where you went wrong" ok it's some times what we really need but !!!!! So out come of phone chat well if she can't find any one she is coming along next week to group to chat to all memberabout it's future so watch this space.

Top Bottom