Slimy slugs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Yes. Usually around the crank arms and BB

PapaZita

Guru
Anyone else return from a ride to find bits of slimy slug stuck to the frame?
Yuck.
Just this weekend, I had several big plump intact ones, on my wheel rims, looking about as dizzy as I've ever seen a slug look. I can only imagine they'd climbed aboard on the bit of overgrown bridleway about 10 miles previously. I flicked them off and they set out, apparently unfazed by the prospect of a long slide home.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I found them in my tea at work once ... Unfortunately, at the bottom of my mug, after drinking the brew! xx(

(It wasn't sabotage by disgruntled colleagues - it was more a case of a gastropod mollusc hitch-hiker in the milk bottle. :laugh:)

Slugs, they are literally the most disgusting creatures on Earth, possibly the universe. I can handle spiders, but slugs! mmmrrghyyyeew, never had any of the issues mentioned here however.

I have found myself cycling thro bits of cobweb occasionally.

Serge

Über Member
Slugs, they are literally the most disgusting creatures on Earth, possibly the universe. I can handle spiders, but slugs! mmmrrghyyyeew, never had any of the issues mentioned here however.

I have found myself cycling thro bits of cobweb occasionally.
Try treading on one with bare feet, I think I'd prefer to tread in a dog turd.

Try treading on one with bare feet, I think I'd prefer to tread in a dog turd.

Thats a tough one! I have a phobia of bodily discharge too. Having to clean up dog sick or poo is like some sort of medieval sentence for me. Also that sound when you hear and feel something "crunch" underneath your foot, YUCK! I consider myself slightly more fortunate than the snail

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The other week when we were staying at my mums I reversed and parked on the driveway. Our car is quite long and to get the front end away from the pavement the back end touches the plants.
On the Tuesday evening we drove to Manchester. We parked up and Mrs Dave noticed 7 snails on the rear end of the car. They returned to Ellesmere Port with us and then made several journeys to the hospital in Chester, Prestatyn and Chirk.
They are no longer there.

Top Bottom