Slow Ways walking routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Back during the first period of lockdown I got involved with a project to create a network of walking routes connecting cities & towns in the UK. Over the last nine months or so lots of volunteers have mapped potential routes from place to place electronically.

The next stage of the project is to get out there and actually walk the routes for real & figure out whether there are any problems to be fixed. There needs to be lots more volunteers to do this for the whole country. Lots of people have already shown an interest but more would be welcome. You can read about the project on the Slow Ways website and there's a form to complete if you want to know more. There are some online meetings planned soon to explain more and the routes are going to be available for checking in late January.

So if anyone fancies a walk to burn off some of those Christmas calories here's your chance.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
A great effort. I’m on there in my patch @annedonnelly and looking forward to doing more. 👍

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's just a flawed 'fields of dreams' idea that'll come to nothing.
They said that about Sustrans and the National cycle network. This has the advantage that it's got someone with a vision driving it on, a simple and scalable model as well as funding and friends in useful places.

Stephenite

Membå
I've just discovered this Slow Ways site.

It has me pining for the fields and hedgerows I knew in my youth. (I'm feeling quite melancholy).

Here's a nice Guardian article about it.

Top Bottom