Slugs!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nihal

Veteran
Oi,i thought slugs were slimy and squishy and.....................
slu.jpg

xx(

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We got into trouble over this.......

Had a couple of friend's kids staying with us and we taught them "Slug Tennis", old tennis racquet, pick up and catapult into public area next to the garden.

Parent's weren't impressed!
You do know that slugs and snails are like homing pigeons ... - that said I play boules with mine - into the road... the game is to see if they can get out of the road before the car runs over them...

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I'm not usually too fussed about them as I'm a lapsed gardener (I found cycling), but they've had my red hot poker plants the last couple of years and its only the flowering stems they nibble on and my plant looks deformed or the flowers are cut right through. Their also attracted to the brewery with the smell of the beer enticing them, so have to use pellets in there

For those who like the blue pellets - sorry, lads and lasses.

They're made of "delectable" bran and yeast extract (ie Marmite - slugs love the stuff) with a poison. They kill slugs for a day/two. Problem? First splash of rain, and the poison gets washed out --- but the bran/yeast lies there, attracting ever more slugs for weeks after.

So ....... the "Blue pellet code". Persuade your neighbour that they work - cue mass migration of slugs from your garden/plot to next door :evil:

Top Bottom