Slumming it snackage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
reminds me of saddam hussein's information minister. he was absolutely hilarious. even though the facts were staring him in the face he came up with a bonkers alternative story which he believed in with such conviction it became impossible for him to back down. delivered with such comic intensity too. what was his name?

Maz

Guru
Kirstie said:
what was his name?
Tariq Aziz (I think).

There was a joke going around during the 1st gulf war...

When does Saddam Hussein have his breakfast?
When Tariq Aziz.

gary r

Guru
Maz said:
Digestive sandwiches...2 biccies liberally buttered and stuck together. Great with a cuppa. If you dip it in the tea, you also get an oily film on the surface of the tea.

OH ! i love rich tea biscuits buttered (has to be butter,no marg!!!);):biggrin:

Maz said:
Tariq Aziz (I think).

There was a joke going around during the 1st gulf war...

When does Saddam Hussein have his breakfast?
When Tariq Aziz.

Tariq Aziz was his foreign minister I think - all sombre and suited. The information minister was this lunatic in army fatigues who ranted and raved at the TV cameras.

pzycoman

Mohammed Sa'eed al-Sahaf was the nutter who came out with stuff like "There are no Americans in Baghdad, there never will be" while in the background you can see the tanks. Top quality television ;)

longers said:
Fishfinger sarnies with ketchup and sweet chilli sauce ;).

oooh. that sounds nice.
i am partial to mayonnaise and a sliced gherkin on mine as well as the standard ketchup, vinegar and salt.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Tynan said:
since when were fish fingers cheap, have you ever bought them?

They can be - if you get Tesco economy packs of 36. Mind you, there ain't much fish in them...

Got some nice Birds Eye ones on offer then other day, 99p for 10, that was quite good, and they are real fish.

Top Bottom