1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slumming it snackage

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kirstie, 19 Feb 2008.

1. I have just rediscovered fish finger sandwiches. It happens about once a year. It's pretty much all I've eaten for the last 24 hours but they are REALLY REALLY GOOD. I'm just contemplating my next one and it's only quarter to 12 - salt, vinegar, tomato ketchup mmmmm

So, what cheap and nasty e-number-tastic snacks do you find yourself gorging on from time to time? There's those 10p a bag corn snacks; cheapo sweets; really dreadful mechanically recovered burgers; reconstituted stuff; pot noodle ...? It's definitely fish fingers for me...the really bright orange breadcrumb kind ;)

2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

how many have you had? ;)

3. OP
    OP
    Kirstie

Kirstie Über Member

errr, well I've not gone orange yet...yesterday's lunch, some at teatime...and now lunchtime again today. I had weetabix for breakfast tho.

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

you can't beat the chicken and mushroom pot noodle.

yummy.

5. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Those extra large Mars Bars. I'm sure they can't be good for you. That and spicy Wheat Crunchies.

6. Maz

Maz Guru

Digestive sandwiches...2 biccies liberally buttered and stuck together. Great with a cuppa. If you dip it in the tea, you also get an oily film on the surface of the tea.

7. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Spooky! And you don't visit the tea thread? Or maybe you lurk...

Fishfingers are one of my guilty snacks too, although I don't have them in sarnies - I might have to try.

My quick and easy filling up sort of lunch is a packet of 9p Sainsburys quick cook noodles, cooked, and served in a 'sauce' of quite thickly made up chicken cup a soup - if you get the pots, not the sachets, you can make it up thicker...

And sometimes, something like a bag of Frazzles, or Wotsits.

8. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Just a part-timer then eh? ;)

9. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Were you experiencing morning sickness ealier? ;)

10. OP
    OP
    Kirstie

Kirstie Über Member

Jesus christ no I'm definitely not up the duff.
    And no, I've not been anywhere near the tea thread so that is probably a spooky coincidence...and I can't see how I can put a fish finger with weetabix, but there's a first time for everything I guess.

11. Cycling Naturalist

But you phoned Mohammed al Fayed to tell him personally! ;)

12. OP
    OP
    Kirstie

Kirstie Über Member

ROFL xx( no i appeared in one of his dreams. deliberately.

13. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Wait for this... 2 slices toasted white bread, lightly buttered. 3 fish fingers per sarnie, add salad cream. Yum yum yummity yum ;)

14. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

DIgestive and Marmite. Think I'll try the sandwich version as above too. Mmm..

15. Cycling Naturalist

Mo don't have no fugging dreams. It all true and you all MI6 fugging liars.