Slumming it snackage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just rediscovered fish finger sandwiches. It happens about once a year. It's pretty much all I've eaten for the last 24 hours but they are REALLY REALLY GOOD. I'm just contemplating my next one and it's only quarter to 12 - salt, vinegar, tomato ketchup mmmmm

So, what cheap and nasty e-number-tastic snacks do you find yourself gorging on from time to time? There's those 10p a bag corn snacks; cheapo sweets; really dreadful mechanically recovered burgers; reconstituted stuff; pot noodle ...? It's definitely fish fingers for me...the really bright orange breadcrumb kind ;)

Kirstie said:
It's pretty much all I've eaten for the last 24 hours
how many have you had? ;)

Maz

Guru
Digestive sandwiches...2 biccies liberally buttered and stuck together. Great with a cuppa. If you dip it in the tea, you also get an oily film on the surface of the tea.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Kirstie said:
I have just rediscovered fish finger sandwiches. It happens about once a year. It's pretty much all I've eaten for the last 24 hours but they are REALLY REALLY GOOD. I'm just contemplating my next one and it's only quarter to 12 - salt, vinegar, tomato ketchup mmmmm

Spooky! And you don't visit the tea thread? Or maybe you lurk...

Fishfingers are one of my guilty snacks too, although I don't have them in sarnies - I might have to try.

My quick and easy filling up sort of lunch is a packet of 9p Sainsburys quick cook noodles, cooked, and served in a 'sauce' of quite thickly made up chicken cup a soup - if you get the pots, not the sachets, you can make it up thicker...

And sometimes, something like a bag of Frazzles, or Wotsits.

domtyler

Über Member
Kirstie said:
errr, well I've not gone orange yet...yesterday's lunch, some at teatime...and now lunchtime again today. I had weetabix for breakfast tho.

Just a part-timer then eh? ;)

Kirstie said:
errr, well I've not gone orange yet...yesterday's lunch, some at teatime...and now lunchtime again today. I had weetabix for breakfast tho.

Were you experiencing morning sickness ealier? ;)

Patrick Stevens said:
Were you experiencing morning sickness ealier? ;)

Jesus christ no I'm definitely not up the duff.
And no, I've not been anywhere near the tea thread so that is probably a spooky coincidence...and I can't see how I can put a fish finger with weetabix, but there's a first time for everything I guess.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Kirstie said:
I have just rediscovered fish finger sandwiches.
Wait for this... 2 slices toasted white bread, lightly buttered. 3 fish fingers per sarnie, add salad cream. Yum yum yummity yum ;)

Top Bottom