Small Handlebar Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
EBC do a 3 litre one in their own brand - Revolution Adventure Bar Bag. www.edinburghbicycle.com. Topeak do some as well.

PpPete

Legendary Member
All rather expensive - and not many small ones.
Decathlon do nice small cheap one in their French stores - but apparently not in UK.
Tesco used to do one with a QR but seems to have been discontinued.
Which leaves you with the big name brands like Ortlied, Altura, Carradice, Topeak.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
potsy said:
Don't know your budget but I got one of these the other week,very happy with it,well made,looks neat and tidy on the bike.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Topeak_Compact_Bar_Bag/5360012012/

can't carry the kitchen sink,but for what you describe it should be big enough.

Do you reckon you could get a Night Vision Windproof jacket in there as I am looking for something to stuff a jacket into.

potsy

Rambler
phil_hg_uk said:
Do you reckon you could get a Night Vision Windproof jacket in there as I am looking for something to stuff a jacket into.
Doubt it phil,it is only small(2 litres) ideal for a few essentials like phone,snacks,keys,etc.
Wouldn't get my jacket in(Endura Laser) and I think the night vision is quite bulky?

phil_hg_uk

potsy said:
Doubt it phil,it is only small(2 litres) ideal for a few essentials like phone,snacks,keys,etc.
Wouldn't get my jacket in(Endura Laser) and I think the night vision is quite bulky?

Thats a shame I did have a Carradice Bar bag but I didnt like it.

I am looking for something I can use to carry my jacket and some food in when I am on a long ride on the Secteur Elite as unlike the galaxy it has no rack.

potsy

Rambler
phil_hg_uk said:
Thats a shame I did have a Carradice Bar bag but I didnt like it.

I am looking for something I can use to carry my jacket and some food in when I am on a long ride on the Secteur Elite as unlike the galaxy it has no rack.
You could always put a rack on it phil,they have the facility to take one.
My jacket folds into it's own pocket and can then be carried on the frame/bars via velcro loops-very handy.

phil_hg_uk

potsy said:
You could always put a rack on it phil,they have the facility to take one.
My jacket folds into it's own pocket and can then be carried on the frame/bars via velcro loops-very handy.

I had thought about putting a rack on it but I am trying to resist as I want to keep the weight down and not turn it into a tourer, plus looking at it the brake caliper gets in the way at one side and I am not sure there is enough room for the rack support at that side.

potsy

Rambler
Just been and tried it and yes the jacket does fit in:ohmy: not much room for anything else mind.
Depends how much bulkier the Night vision is now.
I too looked at putting a lightweight rack on but decided against it,bar bag is much more convenient.

phil_hg_uk

potsy said:
Just been and tried it and yes the jacket does fit in:ohmy: not much room for anything else mind.
Depends how much bulkier the Night vision is now.
I too looked at putting a lightweight rack on but decided against it,bar bag is much more convenient.

Thanks for that potsy I may give one of those a try I can always return it if it doesnt fit.

I was going to try one of these -> http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&under=range&product_id=59 can be used as a saddlebag or a bar bag but no one has any in stock, seems to be a shortage at carradice.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Update from my earlier response....
I just got one of these . Fractionally bigger than the EBC one mentioned above, I reckon about 4 litres.
Bag seems very well made, but wouldn't want to put a whole lot of weight in it, as the design of handlebar clamp doesn't inspire confidence - but then neither did my Tesco one, and that's lasted OK.

Pretty unbeateable at that price...

porkypete said:
Update from my earlier response....
I just got one. Fractionally bigger than the EBC one mentioned above, I reckon about 4 litres. Bag seems very well made, but wouldn't want to put a whole lot of weight in it, as the design of handlebar clamp doesn't inspire confidence - but then neither did my Tesco one, and that's lasted OK.
Pretty unbeateable at that price...

Strewth that's cheap - does she deliver in person? In the video the guy says fits all bars sizes, in the description it says 25.4 - would it fit oversize bars?

PpPete

Legendary Member
New Horizon said:
Strewth that's cheap - does she deliver in person? In the video the guy says fits all bars sizes, in the description it says 25.4 - would it fit oversize bars?

Just put mine on - and I'd be worried the (rather cheap) plastic would break as you stretch it over an oversize bar, and even if it didn't, not sure the bolt would line up. Can only suggest you recheck with the seller.

But on a regular bar it seems OK. I might even buy a couple more at that price.

BTW - the swing tag says it was made for Tschibo ! Being German they've obviously spec'd it out quite well with the (presumably Chinese) supplier. The mounting bolts are Cadmium plated

Top Bottom