Small Paint Chip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Was taking my neighbour out for a ride the other day, trying to help her build confidence in traffic etc...

Well, the silly moo went and crashed into me and sent me flying

No real damage to the bike save for a small chip/scrape on the down tube from where the front brake hit it

I'm guessing I can get in touch with Bob Jackson to get a bit of the right paint from them. But how do I go about doing the actual job of painting the thing?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Either - car touch up paint from Halfords, or if you can, some from Bob Jackson. Just apply paint with a fine brush. Let dry and put more on if needed.

Leave to dry for a few days, and go over lightly with car polish to blend it in if you want a great job.

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Wow - ok, sounds good - thought would have to be sanding down and putting new lacquer on and stuff. cool

Fiona N

Veteran
I usually wash out the chip/scratch with isopropanol first - you may have forgotten that you've had your fingers about the place :blush: and taking off the grease improves the bond with the old paint.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You don't need to mess about, just ensure loose paint is off, the area is grease free and apply. Car touch up is gerenerally quite glossy - I never bother with the clear coat.

Top Bottom