Smart direct drive turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Looks like it.
Take a look at this link:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/elite-turbo-muin-smart-turbo-trainer

At the bottom of the page it says "Please note that the Smart Sensor shown in the image comes pre installed in the trainer. Please refer to the instructions included to set up the trainer and the sensor."

Have a read of the reviews as well as one of the reviewers explains the "feel" of the trainer with Zwift.

Regards

Dave

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Well got my cassette today. Installed on to the trainer and attached the bike.

Do you think I could get it to connect with Zwift??? No I could not. So pack it away as had to go to work and hopefully try again tomorrow.

Trying to use iPhone as a link to windows pc. And using Bluetooth connection.

If anybody has any tips then it would be greatfully received.

I have the elite Turbo Muin smart b+ trainer, it was on offer last month at halfrauds for £290. Bought a cassette and QR skewer so in all about £340.

As already pointed out this is not a “smart” trainer in essence, (that’s the REAL Turbo Muin with resistance controlled by zwift) but rather a turbo trainer with a speed and cadence sensor built in it which, ironically, you have to set up on zwift as a power source! It connects via ANT+ or BLE. However, the power readings are woefully inaccurate at higher cadences. I have proven this by buying a real power meter since.

But it is a great bit of kit and so quiet. The resistance levels are more than adequate too so I just use my gears and I can rarely get into the large chainring!

I guess it depends on what you want out of a trainer really but zwift will work with almost any
trainer with a speed and cadence sensor.

Well got my cassette today. Installed on to the trainer and attached the bike.

Do you think I could get it to connect with Zwift??? No I could not. So pack it away as had to go to work and hopefully try again tomorrow.

Trying to use iPhone as a link to windows pc. And using Bluetooth connection.

If anybody has any tips then it would be greatfully received.
Daft question but have you taken out the sensor and pressed the button inside? If not, or you don’t know where it is then this may solve your problem.....there are 2 or 3 screws on a cover near the back on the right that houses the sensor. Take these out and the sensor will come out. Slide up the cover to the misuro b+ sensor and there is a tiny button and LED inside. Press the button and the LED will blink 12 times after which it will communicate with your device. Make sure it all goes back in the same way it came out!

Milzy

Guru
Hi. Can I use my smart tv to display Zwift wireless or would I have to connect to a pc and use an hdmi lead to TV??

Top Bottom