Smart Meters - A Cautionary Tale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I was considering one but could not get anybody to nail a figure to the mast, now you have that's the end of it
£30-£40 per month is about right depending on size and quality of tub.
Clearly they are more expensive in the winter.
So budget for at least £400 pa.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Counsel representing me did suggest I should think about seeking an injunction in the civil courts against NPower.

I am also considering approaching papers or BBC Watchdog ( or similar) about the story, but I suspect it is just one of millions of stories about NPower

Still, I have now gone 4 years without paying them for my gas and electricity, so I am not complaining

Well if you’ve had free Leci then they do have a point don’t they

spen666

Legendary Member
Well if you’ve had free Leci then they do have a point don’t they
No, they owe me a sum that is around 4 times the sum they say I owe them, including the legal costs of their SIX unsuccessful applications.

If they think I owe them money, they should issue debt proceedings in the County Court to prove the debt exists rather than apply for warrants of entry in the Magistrates Court.

They accept there is a dispute about the existence of any debt owed by me. They have confirmed this in writing. That alone precludes the Magistrates Court from issuing warrants of entry.

I have repeatedly invited them to issue proceedings in the County Court to resolve the matter, but for some reason they seem scared to do so and continue to make new applications to the Magistrates Court that cannot possibly succeed

Top Bottom