Smart turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I know it's the wrong time of year for people to part with their turbos...

However looking for a tacx vortex or similar so I can Zwift my life away and feel the hills.

Watching a few on eBay but conscious that sometimes people sell them because they are worn out.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I've got an old Tacx iMagic that you can have for nothing if you want it. All you'll need to pay for is postage. I think the cadence magnet is missing but that's it and I did see them for sale on Wiggle once (the magnets). It does come with it's own training software but I think its too old for use with Zwift, Bkool, etc.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I've got an old Tacx iMagic that you can have for nothing if you want it. All you'll need to pay for is postage. I think the cadence magnet is missing but that's it and I did see them for sale on Wiggle once (the magnets). It does come with it's own training software but I think its too old for use with Zwift, Bkool, etc.
Thanks for the offer, but want something on Zwift.
May just buy a tacx flow t2240. Its up for £189 in Halfords so minus bc discount it's around £170

broady

Veteran
Hi @r04DiE I have looked at the Imagic before as I thought the software might entertain me more than just spinning on the turbo.
Can I ask why you don't use yours anymore?
Trying not to buy anything that I won't use/need like I have for the last couple of years

Hey thats what i use and its still going strong! Jaggy videos and all that, should be in a museum :santa:

Sorry to hijack but I may be interested if it's still available roadie :cheers:

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hi @r04DiE I have looked at the Imagic before as I thought the software might entertain me more than just spinning on the turbo.
Can I ask why you don't use yours anymore?
Trying not to buy anything that I won't use/need like I have for the last couple of years
Just because I updated to a newer one recently. Are you interested in it?
Hey thats what i use and its still going strong! Jaggy videos and all that, should be in a museum :santa:
You know you love it ;)
Sorry to hijack but I may be interested if it's still available roadie :cheers:
No worries, so long as @broady doesn't want it :smile:

20140209_114913.jpg

dfthe1

I think I went all-out for the deluxe package at the time. I think it cost about £400!

Just Googled it -- I didn't know you could get a trainer with a virtual steering unit. That's amazing! Do any more modern trainers come with the for Zwift or similar?

Top Bottom