smart tv question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
So i got a new sony bravia smart tv a month or so ago.
picture quality is awsome as expected But its not so cleaver watching stuff on amazon through the tv .
as these tv shows on prime are all hd you get a flicker if thats the right term?
Gives me aching eyes like strip lights etc .
tends to happen when the camera is panning quickley so its stuttering?
does anyone know if you can switch off hd? As watching same series through xbox in the other room is perfect.
This is the tv for reference
http://www.johnlewis.com/sony-bravi...d=402x31138&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=233119015

any info apreciated as I dont know where to look for info

pplpilot

Guru
i'm no expert but is the refresh rate set to its maximum of 200Hz? just a guess mind...

drummerbod

The TV refresh rate is not being adjusted to match the material. Almost all TV shows in the states are filmed at 24 frames per second. Your TV is capable of doing 24fps but the Application (Amazon Prime App) is probably not passing the detail through to the TV processor properly.

drummerbod

Just tried Walking Dead on my Pana and it's fine - and can spot stutter and micro stutter easily. Seems to suggest the TVs processing isn't picking up the refresh rate of the media correctly.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Its set for auto 24p sync so assuming its set up for the right speed?

Does this mean it could be faulty?

drummerbod

Yes - but Sony could argue that the Amazon application is at fault. Just realised I have a Sony smart TV as well - albeit an older model. I will have a go.

drummerbod

Plays fine on my Sony. Try turning off all picture processing - it's all junk anyway.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
It might be the files that Amazon are using. I can use Handbrake to take a 30GB Blu-Ray file down to around 6GB and you don't notice the difference until you get quick motion on the screen and your eyes starting hurting.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
It might be the files that Amazon are using. I can use Handbrake to take a 30GB Blu-Ray file down to around 6GB and you don't notice the difference until you get quick motion on the screen and your eyes starting hurting.

think thats the reason..does send your eyes funny..could set of a migrein too which ive blamed on festive drinky poos..

Top Bottom