Smart Watches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I liked the Kreyos and had it panned , I woulda bought one - only because it's a cool and funky gadget.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I collect watches too but have no desire or need for one. I don't see a great future for them, but in 20+ years I would not be surprised of they were worth good money. Try buying a metal bodied Casio from the 1980's, throwaway "gimmick" watches then, are sought after watches now.

They still sell them new, if you're prepared to buy one on eBay from someone in Singapore. That's where my calculator watch came from.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I meant defunct, discontinued.
Yeah, but I don't think that many have been discontinued. The classic designs will be cheap to make, by now will have paid off their design cost many times over, and still be perfectly good watches - at least until 2079...

MarkF

Guru
Yeah, but I don't think that many have been discontinued. The classic designs will be cheap to make, by now will have paid off their design cost many times over, and still be perfectly good watches - at least until 2079...

Discontinued by Casio...............so they are not "original", so pretty much worthless, even Casio's repro's are not sought after, not yet anyway.......................

I use a Garmin Fenix watch for geotagging photos and as a backup for touring

It has bluetooth and accepts all the notifications from the iPhone

Not a dedicated Smart watch, but it does have the basics although you cannot have this and the cadence / HR monitoring

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well I received my Pebble Smart Watch and what a lovely looking timepiece it is too. Not bad for a One'r. It' looks much better then I thought it would. The strap is silicone rubber which is quite important to me as due to sweating during cycling, normal metal straps get all mucky. It was easy to set up and had it receiving texts, Emails, WhattsApp and Facebook notifications in a very short amount of time. It also has a nice amount of different watch faces to choose from with plenty more to download. As I do a lot of night riding I particularly like that you just shake your wrist and the watch backlight comes on. There are plenty of other Apps that you can download to the watch. Including exercise/running/cycling type apps and am currently looking for an App that can tell me the footy scores.

Does anyone need a Smart Watch? No not really? Is it a nice piece of kit? Definitely. Is it worth £100. To me? Yes.

Last edited:
Forgot I already have an Apple watch (sort of)
watch.jpg
6th gen nano in a watchstrap. Only use it when flying though, for music, audiobook and it's easy to change the timezone on.

Top Bottom