SmartWater for your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Hi,

I'm the local neighbourhood watch coordinator where I live. Thankfully I've never had my lovely bikes stolen but my neighbours have. As a coordinator I can buy SmartWater equipment for myself and my local residents for a great reduced rate.

It's used to mark your belongings, I use it on all kinds of things. In a place only you know. If unfortunately your items are stolen you report the SmartWater markings to the police. The police have thousands of items they can't give back to their owners because they don't know who it belongs to. SmartWater is uniquely registered to you and the police are making every effort to check items for it because it's so easy to do.

I'm not on commission, I don't work for the company I just love knowing I have some peace of mind if anything did happen.

Feel free to google it or ask your local police to connect you with your local neighbourhood watch coordinator as there are some great deals!

I really do sound like an advert but I genuinely hope this helps. I was shocked by how many bikes my local police station can't return back to their owners and I'd be heartbroken without my fav Raleigh Lizard :cry:

brand

My bike and Rohloff hub both have serial numbers but the police can often be extraordinarily bone idol. So maybe this extra option is good choice. Although I live rural there is always a chance. I think I should start with my garage. The doors open outwards adequately strong enough but the lock needs looking into. PIR lights leading up to it. Daytime chance of robbery minimal as most people are retired and watch my house. I am also retired.
So need to know how to make the garage more secure and how much this smart water is. No chance of me locking the bikes up in the garage when I get back from pub.
Any help appreciated.

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Hi,

The price for a basic kit is £60.00, this is advised for a 1-4 bedroom house. As part of the Neighbourhood watch i can purchase the same kit direct from my local police for £10 for myself or my local residents (I have to ask them to fill in a form and sign to confirm it is within my postcode area).

I believe a lot of areas are doing deals like this. I have added a link to show what it is.

Hope this helps.

http://www.smartwater.com/

brand

How long does it last? That is staggeringly good deal. Have a suspicion Lincolnshire police won't have it. and no neighbourhood watch round here, not enough crime!

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
"Suitable for the marking of all manner of valuables including personal possessions, business assets, vehicles and boats, SmartWater’s forensic taggant solution is as robust as it is versatile. The liquid carries a forensic ‘code’ which is registered to an address or location. Once applied it is almost impossible to remove and can only be seen under UV light. Forensic analysis provides conclusive proof of ownership."

"Once applied, SmartWater is permanent and comes with a 5 year warranty. However, when in liquid form (i.e. still in the bottle) the shelf life is 2 years from the date on manufacture. A use by date will be printed on the bottle."

So 5 years on belongings with Warranty.

Top Bottom