1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smelling drugs

Discussion in 'Commuting and Utility Cycling' started by Bazzer, 16 Nov 2016.

1. PeteXXX

PeteXXX Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ... Photo Winner

On a jaunt round Cannock Chase, a couple of chaps were just finishing a spliff before heading down one of the steeper descents there (from the seat at the highest point, for thems that know The Monkey Trail & Follow the Dog.

When I was on London Fields getting ready for the Dun Run, I almost floated away on the smoke as it wafted over me!!
    Even Plod was breathing in deeply to help them get to the end of another gruelling shift :laugh:

raleighnut likes this.
  2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Do you need some 'tourist' tips?

http://www.amsterdam.info/coffeeshops/

3. steve50

steve50 Disenchanted Member

It seems to getting accepted as "the normal" thing to do these days, almost everyone you talk to either smokes it or knows someone who smokes it. As above, what people do in the privacy of their own homes is their business but smoking weed in public or whilst in control of a vehicle is imo totally unacceptable. Why should we non smokers of the weed be forced to inhale the dregs of the stoners smoke, i for one find the smell of it revolting.

Mr. Cow, JD42, PK99 and 3 others like this.
  4. Phaeton

Phaeton Über Member

I get am immediate headache but I'm sure they won't care

steve50 likes this.
  5. I spend a considerable time in Amsterdam as part of my job, I don't smoke at all, but the cake shops are brilliant !!

raleighnut likes this.
  6. Dayvo

Quite! Out of this world, even. :wacko: :laugh:

7. dim

dim Senior Member

it will/should be un banned soon .... we always follow the USA ...

where I used to live in South Africa, it used to grow wild and there were loads of large bushes everywhere

raleighnut likes this.
  8. Dayvo

I don't smoke (cigarettes) either, but the bhang lassis in India...! :smile:

9. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

You never knew where you were headed!

10. steve50

[QUOTE="dim, post: 4558943, member: 48801"]it will/should be un banned soon .... we always follow the USA ...

where I used to live in South Africa, it used to grow wild and there were loads of large bushes everywhere[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope not!!
    I have personally seen the side effects of misuse of cannabis and its various derivatives, the paranoia caused by prolonged use can be life changing and very debilitating.

Slick likes this.
  11. dim

dim Senior Member

I sincerely hope not!!
    I have personally seen the side effects of misuse of cannabis and its various derivatives, the paranoia caused by prolonged use can be life changing and very debilitating.[/QUOTE]

a lot less harsh than Vodka or red wine or stella .... it's like everything .... use in moderation ... it's been used for thousands of years

Brandane, raleighnut and Dayvo like this.
  12. steve50

a lot less harsh than Vodka or red wine or stella .... it's like everything .... use in moderation ... it's been used for thousands of years[/QUOTE]

So has opium and heroin, do the same rules apply.?

13. dim

dim Senior Member

So has opium and heroin, do the same rules apply.?[/QUOTE]

Yup .... boils down to the fact that you have a choice .... but whichever you choose, don't knock those who choose differently

raleighnut and steve50 like this.
  14. captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701 Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

Had a couple of guys walking in front of me once up the Railway Path smoking weed. The light breeze blew it in my direction and I felt like I was riding along an aircraft con trail. Funny how Iong it took for me to get past them....:rolleyes:.

classic33 and Dayvo like this.
  15. Andrew_P

Andrew_P In between here and there

I have nothing against a decent spliff but fark me they are driving and driving around me as bad as drink driving and using a mobile IMO. I have been in the passenger seat wrecked as teenager no way would I want to drive. I recall sitting at the front of traffic lights asking each other how long had we been there and had they been through one phase already. And then couldn't stop laughing. Irresponsible I know but a one off. These people seem to be at it at 6.30am! It was 5 minute journey felt like I had been driven to the coast and back!

raleighnut likes this.