Smelling drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
It seems to getting accepted as "the normal" thing to do these days, almost everyone you talk to either smokes it or knows someone who smokes it. As above, what people do in the privacy of their own homes is their business but smoking weed in public or whilst in control of a vehicle is imo totally unacceptable. Why should we non smokers of the weed be forced to inhale the dregs of the stoners smoke, i for one find the smell of it revolting.

D

Deleted member 26715

Why should we non smokers of the weed be forced to inhale the dregs of the stoners smoke, i for one find the smell of it revolting.
I get am immediate headache but I'm sure they won't care

dim

it will/should be un banned soon .... we always follow the USA ...

where I used to live in South Africa, it used to grow wild and there were loads of large bushes everywhere

classic33

Leg End Member
I just mentioned skunk elsewhere (in a dental surgery thread). It seems to be everywhere these days. I am almost as bothered by 'skunk drivers' as I am by 'drunk drivers'. The stoned teenagers hanging about local streets seem barely capable of even speaking, let alone driving safely.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a young couple walking down the road with their small son whizzing along on a micro-scooter in front of them. He hit a bump on the pavement and took a heavy tumble. He burst into tears and was crying for help but his parents didn't react at all and just slowly meandered up towards him. Mum passed a spliff to dad and then the smell of skunk wafted over to my side of the road. I don't care (within reason) what parents get up to once their kids are safely tucked up in bed in the evenings but being stoned stupid in the middle of the day and neglecting your responsibilities ... I felt sorry for the child and wondered what chance he has when he might never even know what it is like to have a clear-thinking parent there 'in the moment' with him!
You never knew where you were headed!

steve50

Disenchanted Member
[QUOTE="dim, post: 4558943, member: 48801"]it will/should be un banned soon .... we always follow the USA ...

where I used to live in South Africa, it used to grow wild and there were loads of large bushes everywhere[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope not!!
I have personally seen the side effects of misuse of cannabis and its various derivatives, the paranoia caused by prolonged use can be life changing and very debilitating.

dim

[QUOTE="dim, post: 4558943, member: 48801"]it will/should be un banned soon .... we always follow the USA ...

where I used to live in South Africa, it used to grow wild and there were loads of large bushes everywhere

I sincerely hope not!!
I have personally seen the side effects of misuse of cannabis and its various derivatives, the paranoia caused by prolonged use can be life changing and very debilitating.[/QUOTE]

a lot less harsh than Vodka or red wine or stella .... it's like everything .... use in moderation ... it's been used for thousands of years

steve50

Disenchanted Member

a lot less harsh than Vodka or red wine or stella .... it's like everything .... use in moderation ... it's been used for thousands of years[/QUOTE]

So has opium and heroin, do the same rules apply.?

dim

a lot less harsh than Vodka or red wine or stella .... it's like everything .... use in moderation ... it's been used for thousands of years

So has opium and heroin, do the same rules apply.?[/QUOTE]

Yup .... boils down to the fact that you have a choice .... but whichever you choose, don't knock those who choose differently

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have nothing against a decent spliff but fark me they are driving and driving around me as bad as drink driving and using a mobile IMO. I have been in the passenger seat wrecked as teenager no way would I want to drive. I recall sitting at the front of traffic lights asking each other how long had we been there and had they been through one phase already. And then couldn't stop laughing. Irresponsible I know but a one off. These people seem to be at it at 6.30am! It was 5 minute journey felt like I had been driven to the coast and back!

Top Bottom