Smelling drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I've got a theory that 90% of the population is high at any given point and the majority of them are on prescription drugs. The doctors have joined forces with the government to suppress people so they won't start a rebellion.

GOAB

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I've got a theory that 90% of the population is high at any given point and the majority of them are on prescription drugs. The doctors have joined forces with the government to suppress people so they won't start a rebellion.

GOAB
I'm on prescription drugs and I'm certainly not high. Conspiracy or government incompetence?

Jody

Stubborn git
I have no problem with people wanting to smoke weed (responsibly*) and see alchohol as way more of a problem for society. Especially in terms of violence, domestic abuse, vandalism, addiction, drain on the NHS, untimely deaths etc But as @ColinJ pointed out not while looking after kids, driving, in public places.

*Unfortunately us Brits don't seem to do resposible consumption

I don't often smell it coming from vehicles but there are definately a couple of grows on my commute - same 2 spots every time, whatever time of day/night.

I have nothing against a decent spliff but fark me they are driving and driving around me as bad as drink driving and using a mobile IMO

I don't care that people are smoking it as much but I don't want them in control of vehicles or machinery at the same time

They might be toking but remaining within the current limits for cannabis, though...

Doubt it. The limits are set that low it's just above passive smoking. One or two puffs and you're way over.
So there is actually a legal limit? Of something that is illegal?! Seems bonkers to me, but what do I know. Thanks for clarifying :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So there is actually a legal limit? Of something that is illegal?! Seems bonkers to me, but what do I know. Thanks for clarifying :smile:
I bet you that somebody with decent equipment could detect traces of skunk in my blood. I don't partake of it but pretty much every day I walk past somebody smoking it. If I can smell it, then some of it has got as far as my nose and probably further!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I think that the limit is 2 micrograms per litre of blood. Before 2015, people could drive when stoned without breaking any traffic laws as long as their ability to drive was not impaired.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think that the limit is 2 micrograms per litre of blood. Before 2015, people could drive when stoned without breaking any traffic laws as long as their ability to drive was not impaired.
Tha's right tha nos
"If a driver tests positive for having more than 2µg of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol, or THC (the active compound found in cannabis), per 100ml of blood, then this is considered a positive test, and is likely to lead to prosecution. Police can initially test a swab of saliva or sweat at the roadside, and if a positive test is recorded then the driver will be taken to the police station for an evidential test. The evidential test will consist of a blood sample being taken for analysis."

http://www.forsterdean.co.uk/cannabis-driving-limit/

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Tha's right tha nos
"If a driver tests positive for having more than 2µg of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol, or THC (the active compound found in cannabis), per 100ml of blood, then this is considered a positive test, and is likely to lead to prosecution. Police can initially test a swab of saliva or sweat at the roadside, and if a positive test is recorded then the driver will be taken to the police station for an evidential test. The evidential test will consist of a blood sample being taken for analysis."

http://www.forsterdean.co.uk/cannabis-driving-limit/
I saw that website with the " per 100ml" figure but a load of other traffic solicitor firms said "per litre". I've no idea what the law states.

Top Bottom