Smelling drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevrev

Veteran
I'm always smelling it on my commute......It's nearly as common as people using their phones while driving..
I'm surprised the roads aren't one big car crash!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What I have noticed these day's are more vaping smells. Rhubarb and Custard seems to be a favourite, Cherry also. Some make so much vapour that it must be impairing the drivers vision.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Serious amounts of smoke - you can get them in differing amounts of smoke as well. Still smell weed, even sitting in my car following others.

classic33

Leg End Member
Serious amounts of smoke - you can get them in differing amounts of smoke as well. Still smell weed, even sitting in my car following others.
Thought it was steam, not smoke. That's the "excuse" offered by some using them in No Smoking Areas anyway.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
What does that euquate to? 2µg/L for a weed or 10µg/L for coke. Does that mean I can do 5 lines for the equivilent of 1 joint :laugh:

They also have Amphetamine down as a prescrition drug. How's that work. I thought it was a clas B drug.
Amphetamine can be used as therapy immediately after a stroke but I'm not sure if "I'm taking it because I had a stroke this morning" will cut it with plod.

Jody

Stubborn git
Amphetamine can be used as therapy immediately after a stroke but I'm not sure if "I'm taking it because I had a stroke this morning" will cut it with plod.

Don't think I would want Amphetmine at any point never mind after a stroke.

I just mentioned skunk elsewhere (in a dental surgery thread). It seems to be everywhere these days. I am almost as bothered by 'skunk drivers' as I am by 'drunk drivers'. The stoned teenagers hanging about local streets seem barely capable of even speaking, let alone driving safely.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a young couple walking down the road with their small son whizzing along on a micro-scooter in front of them. He hit a bump on the pavement and took a heavy tumble. He burst into tears and was crying for help but his parents didn't react at all and just slowly meandered up towards him. Mum passed a spliff to dad and then the smell of skunk wafted over to my side of the road. I don't care (within reason) what parents get up to once their kids are safely tucked up in bed in the evenings but being stoned stupid in the middle of the day and neglecting your responsibilities ... I felt sorry for the child and wondered what chance he has when he might never even know what it is like to have a clear-thinking parent there 'in the moment' with him!

There is evidence that smoking cannabis as a teen can prevent the development of empathy and an understanding of cause and effect. I wonder if that's an example of it.

Top Bottom