Smelling drugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
During the warmer months pretty much every journey home I get the smell of marijuana from one or more cars, particularly on my commute through Salford and its suburb Eccles. Now the colder nights are here and car windows are more likely to be closed, I'm still getting it on about 50% of my journeys.
Anyone else get this on their commute?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
During the warmer months pretty much every journey home I get the smell of marijuana from one or more cars, particularly on my commute through Salford and its suburb Eccles. Now the colder nights are here and car windows are more likely to be closed, I'm still getting it on about 50% of my journeys.
Lots. Flatbed Transits are a regular source of backdraft.

OP
OP
Bazzer

Bazzer

Seems to split pretty evenly with van drivers and car drivers IME.
It just struck me more tonight as I had left the environs of Eccles for Flixton and at one point there smell was overpowering.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

Its rampant, but with the chances of being caught at virtually zero what can you expect?

Not just from cars either - there are certain places where it stinks pretty much every time I cycle past.

D

Deleted member 26715

Every time I walk from the office into Sheffield centre I smell it

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Yeah, in and about Manchester too.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just mentioned skunk elsewhere (in a dental surgery thread). It seems to be everywhere these days. I am almost as bothered by 'skunk drivers' as I am by 'drunk drivers'. The stoned teenagers hanging about local streets seem barely capable of even speaking, let alone driving safely.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a young couple walking down the road with their small son whizzing along on a micro-scooter in front of them. He hit a bump on the pavement and took a heavy tumble. He burst into tears and was crying for help but his parents didn't react at all and just slowly meandered up towards him. Mum passed a spliff to dad and then the smell of skunk wafted over to my side of the road. I don't care (within reason) what parents get up to once their kids are safely tucked up in bed in the evenings but being stoned stupid in the middle of the day and neglecting your responsibilities ... I felt sorry for the child and wondered what chance he has when he might never even know what it is like to have a clear-thinking parent there 'in the moment' with him!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same here when I was commuting, lots of vans, but all sorts of cars from crap boxes to expensive stuff, to family cars. Every day, multiple times. Usually worse Monday mornings and Friday nights. Boils my wee wee.

OP
OP
Bazzer

Bazzer

I didn't think my journey experiences were unique, excepting of course those here who also cycle around Manchester/Salford, but I take comfort, if that is the right word, that others elsehwere in the country experience this too.
Must admit it does p*** me off, particulalrly when I think what non smelling substances might be in other drivers' bloodstreams.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
On a jaunt round Cannock Chase, a couple of chaps were just finishing a spliff before heading down one of the steeper descents there (from the seat at the highest point, for thems that know The Monkey Trail & Follow the Dog.

When I was on London Fields getting ready for the Dun Run, I almost floated away on the smoke as it wafted over me!!
Even Plod was breathing in deeply to help them get to the end of another gruelling shift :laugh:

Top Bottom