SMIDSY - with a twist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisPAmbulance

Now. I'm not one of those people who lives by the rules, especially the one that goes "...if you're not in the team, don't wear the kit".

I tend to ride around in the colours of one of my favourite European cycling teams (I generally support teams that don't win much - it cuts down on the disappointment). It's pretty a pretty garish red and white.

A couple of weeks back, dressed in my usual explosion at a paint factory garb, I dropped in at one of the cafes on my local ride, one that is a regular with many clubs on long runs. It's a rural village so everyone else was in sober tweeds and camouflage gear - I stood out like a sore thumb.

I sat down at one of the middle tables and waited for the menu to arrive. Despite the waitress perambulating several times, she didn't offer me a menu or ask me if I wanted anything. (The cakes were calling out to me - come to us, feel our lovely calories).

After about 10 minutes, I finally caught her eye and with a laugh said - "Sorry, I didn't see you there".

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Now. I'm not one of those people who lives by the rules, especially the one that goes "...if you're not in the team, don't wear the kit".

I tend to ride around in the colours of one of my favourite European cycling teams (I generally support teams that don't win much - it cuts down on the disappointment). It's pretty a pretty garish red and white.

A couple of weeks back, dressed in my usual explosion at a paint factory garb, I dropped in at one of the cafes on my local ride, one that is a regular with many clubs on long runs. It's a rural village so everyone else was in sober tweeds and camouflage gear - I stood out like a sore thumb.

I sat down at one of the middle tables and waited for the menu to arrive. Despite the waitress perambulating several times, she didn't offer me a menu or ask me if I wanted anything. (The cakes were calling out to me - come to us, feel our lovely calories).

After about 10 minutes, I finally caught my eye and with a laugh said - "Sorry, I didn't see you there".

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dazzle ships ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

Attachments

• 61BA8F55-E5AD-470C-9202-E0270F7DC4CF.jpeg
    61BA8F55-E5AD-470C-9202-E0270F7DC4CF.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom