Smoking. A lifetime addiction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I gave up my 20 a day habit over 30 years ago and havent smoked a thing since.
All it took was a bit of willpower.
Could I start again?
Easily!

Now that's interesting. The thought of it now makes me sick. If I tried one now i'd be gagging and dizzy like a teenager puffing his first untipped Camel.

april 2013 I smoked my last cig, after being on roll ups without filters, for for 20 years and normal cigs for 15 years before rollys, I did a couple of weeks without using any substitute,the hardest thing for me wasn't missing the nicotine , but missing actually physically rolling the cigs, I didn't know what to do with my hands, maybe hard for others to understand but that was my experience.
then bought myself an ecig , I use menthol liquid with no nicotine, some days I hardly touch it , other days it gets some hammer, what I do know is I will never smoke a cig again, cant stand the smell now, it makes me sick to think that other people must of thought I absolutely stunk of cigs.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
My grandad used to be a smoker. Even though he kicked the habit. It's still what ended up killing him 30-40years as some form of lung disease.

Nasty things

petek

Über Member
Only new year resolution I ever kept was December 2013 giving up baccy after smoking, boy and man; for 47-years
I had gone up to £13-99 for 50 gms (£20-99 today). Had tried and failed to stop several times prior to that.
Nephew had bought me a vape 'pen' for Christmas that year and that did the trick.
Never wanted baccy since.
Still vape if I get the urge.
Deffo have felt the benefit since stopping smoking both health-wise and financially.

Mrs M

Guru
I've never tried smoking :angel:
My dad died aged only 60 from lung cancer, I just never fancied trying it :dry:

Milzy

Guru
Had worse than cigarette smoke gone in my lungs(Through work). Never smoked, not wanting to let anyone say that it(smoking) was the cause.

Fair play to those that have managed to give them up though. What did you spend what you saved on though?
What material in lungs ? I've welded all kinds of dangerous materials and done years of grinding/sanding. It's a worry to me.

classic33

Leg End Member
What material in lungs ? I've welded all kinds of dangerous materials and done years of grinding/sanding. It's a worry to me.
Welding fumes, various sorts of welding and materials. Like you there's the grinding done. There's LDF, MDF & HDF been sanded daily. Working with it daily.

Degreasing fluids(Limited to an hour using one, you'd be "floating"), solvents(glues).

There's cow sheds been cleared, two a year killed doing this, usually drowning in the stuff having been overcome by the fumes.

It's not got me yet though. One thing I could never understand was why, whilst welding fumes hung in the air, smoking wasn't allowed!

Top Bottom