Smoking ............... No more.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

Well done you!

Are you going cold turkey or using patches or suchlike?

I quit over 10 years ago. Yup you have got some shi7te to go through, no point sugar coating it, but knowing it and preparing yourself are key factors in beating it.

Also, there are so many replacement treatment these days I almost want to start again just to try them all.

Sorry monkey that's not really funny I know.

Search the forum as a fair few CC'ers have kicked the evil weed and documented their progress as they went.

Very best of luck to you Sir :hugs:

[EDIT] cross post with ianrauk ref: links. Although he was good enough to post the links, whereas I'm just an idle swine tonight :whistle:

D

Deleted member 23692

cold turkey mate and i keep feeling very strange.
Pretty much the same as me then. I woke up one day and thought, 'sod it, today's the day I'm packing in' and just stopped. Even after 5 years+ I could still murder a fag every second of every day, it's the 'not giving in to Mr Nicotine' that gets easier over time.

Stick with it, and you'll feel better and wealthier in no time at all :smile:

Manonabike

Über Member
Thats it.....
Woke up this morning and thought, F**k It! I'm not doing this anymore.

So after 23 years of smoking roll-ups I've quit as from today.

Anyone else done this as I feel like crap :wacko:

You have a long way to go yet but I wish you luck..... it can be done. My advice, take one day at a time and don't make long term promises.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Another way to give up is to wait until it has caused enough damage for you to need surgery for heart disease, and the cardiologist won't operate until you've become a non smoker. Stop now and you'll live longer.

Top Bottom