Smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Thanks everyone,all I'm 'using' is a £1.99 fake cigarette which bizarrely works.Psychological I guess...
Indeed it is. I think it's a bit longer than Andrew suggests when he said...
Brilliant! I think the physical addiction only lasts twelve hours.
... 12 hours but the addiction is generally blown within a couple of days. After that, it's all down to habit.

steveoo

well done chris.i packed them in 18 months ago used them chompix pills for 5 weeks i ve never felt the need to start again and everytime i see someone smoke i feel chuffed with myself that i did it.and i have saved a small fortune
Keep positive

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Packed up a month ago, am determend to stay of them, have not noticed any extra money in my pocket yet but then i did buy a new cycling top, so that could explain it.
Good Luck to all that are trying it ain't easy.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Another ex-smoker here, I stopped July last year and still going strong.
I quit cold turkey, but which ever way works for you go for it :thumbsup:

RoyPSB

Über Member
2 years (yesterday) for me since my last ciggie. Co-incided with me getting serious about cycling. I can't imagine going back now. Wish I'd done it sooner - packing up fags and road cycling!

Keep it up fella.

compo

Veteran
Just over 4.5 years here. Quit with the help of the NHS Stop Smoking scheme and the tablets Champix. Miracle pills, no withdrawal, no cravings, one day I was a 30 a day smoker and the next I didn't smoke or want to.

Martinm

Regular
Well done Chris :bravo: .

I stopped end of Jan this year after 32 years of killing myself slowly and have signed up for my 3rd triathlon in Sept. Goal is to finish in the top 100 after a 147 out of 156 then 158 out of 168 finish.

I used patches and tourette's (every time I thought I wanted a fag told myself go away and to not be such a silly sausage... well that's the clean version).

Keep going, breathe deeply and soon you'll wonder why you ever started in the first place.

ATB

Martin

jackm

Well done. I gave up about six years ago , cold turkey worked for me because I knew I really wanted to stop.

Octet

Veteran
Congratulations Chris, best of luck on what must seem like an impossible challenge. Stick with it and you can then reap the rewards!

Top Bottom