smoking !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickL

Über Member
I gave up 11yrs ago. Started riding to my then job (8mls) also took up kickboxing to help keep me focused got fit quick and lost some weight but the best thing was my daughter who was 6 at the time hugging me and telling me she was glad I dont smoke anyone because I dont smell. My father gave up 9 yrs ago as well at the age of 58. Just stick at it all its worth it.

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
I quit by not smoking!
You have the habit and the addiction (nicotine) , the habit will always be there for life!
To quit you need to lose the addiction (nicotine), so no patches , a bit like junkies on methadone(pointless) if you use a patch its willpower and time wasted , just stop !
Write down all the positves on a bit of paper then stop, of you want to live into old age with good health you will!:thumbsup:
The Alan Carr method.Thats what I did,& it's still working,15 weeks yesterday.

Well I used to smoke taylor mades, rollups and a pipe. and one day I thought Iv'e had enough of this (plus 2 family deaths due to cancer may have helped) I got all my smoking stuff and chucked in the Tawe river that was 20 years ago.

I'm not saying its easy but I do have some willpower though still havn't lost the 1 and half stone I put on when I stopped. I ate a lot of sweets but must admit that the first 2 years are the worst. It gets easier as the days go by
I seem to recall I did just one day at a time But its made me feel alot more fit if still perhaps more (don't scoff) grumpy! Just think of all that lovely money you will be saving and put what you would spend on baccy to one side; then you will have that new carbon bike that you want.
I wish the wife would pack it in but no chance there.

simon.r

Person
4 days, 20 hrs, 46 mins and 28 seconds at the time of writing - according to the NHS Smokefree App on my phone.

The (lack of) smell is good.
Everything else is crap so far.

I'm expecting it to get better soon. Just got to hang on in there.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
4 days, 20 hrs, 46 mins and 28 seconds at the time of writing - according to the NHS Smokefree App on my phone.

I stopped smoking 5 years ago and now I wonder why the hell I ever started.

I went to a customers house the other day and he must be a chain smoker because you could have cut the air with a knife, i could still smell it hours later so I guess that's what I used to smell like.

Good luck with quitting it does get easier and food gets a lot tastier.

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

well done
what did you use if anything to quit?

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

I have a ecig not had a "real" smoke will be 10 days tomorrow
Will be dropping the nicotine level to half of what i am on now end of the week
Hopefully with in week 4 i will be on ecig nicotine free
thats my plan anyways :training:

Top Bottom