smoking !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
What the hell was you smoking that sounds like some fairly strong stuff you inhaled there lol.

Wasn't as bad as Drum. Even if I got offered drum and I was desperate for a smoke I'd still say no.

Booyaa

Veteran
Nicolette gum worked for me. I had wanted to use Zyban but one potential side-effect is increased risk of seizures......I'm epileptic!!!! :smile:
ha, yeah I looked at that too but having enough seizures without taking something to help them along.

As for stopping, I managed to stop without taking anything, just never smoked again.

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

well thats 4 days smoke free !!
The last few days have been ok cravings started to subside now
my sense of smell has increased 10 fold
my sense of taste has increased 10 fold
feel so full of energy
sleeping better than i ever have
so all in all i am feeling great
cheers
Mark

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
feel so full of energy
cheers
Mark

:bravo:Keep it up Mark:thumbsup:

Ern1e

Über Member
feel so full of energy
cheers
Mark
Well done Mark all I can say is keep a close eye on your weight I to had the increses you have and also about 8 lbs of excesses flab lol, IMO I think it was because everying tasted so much better.Also wait till you can smell others that smoke and you ask yourself omg I must have smelt like that !!!!
Ernie.

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

Well done Mark all I can say is keep a close eye on your weight I to had the increses you have and also about 8 lbs of excesses flab lol, IMO I think it was because everying tasted so much better.Also wait till you can smell others that smoke and you ask yourself omg I must have smelt like that !!!!
Ernie.

I do have more of a appetite hopefully the cycling i do will outway the extra food if i cycle little further
:bicycle:

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
The snacking part is mostly boredom,habbit,call it what you will,one of the hardest things to avoid.

Pjays666

Über Member
Well done Mark keep it up. I put on a stone when I stopped but dropped 9.5 lbs of it since. Unfortunately I still have 3 stone so the bike is helping there. I am breathing tasting and smelling so much better in such a short time so definitely worth the cravings and it does get easier

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

Well done Mark keep it up. I put on a stone when I stopped but dropped 9.5 lbs of it since. Unfortunately I still have 3 stone so the bike is helping there. I am breathing tasting and smelling so much better in such a short time so definitely worth the cravings and it does get easier

Thanks pjays666 good to hear advice from people who have also quit
I am not really struggling with cravings however i think the e-cig has helped hugely
Next step is lower the nicotine levels over next few weeks.

U

User6179

Well i am nearing the end of my duty free baccy courtesy the canary islands last september.
I have read few posts after you guys have quit
couple of questions
what did you use to quit (if anything)?
How did you find your cycling stamina?
Finally well done if you stayed smoke free !!!!

I quit by not smoking!
You have the habit and the addiction (nicotine) , the habit will always be there for life!
To quit you need to lose the addiction (nicotine), so no patches , a bit like junkies on methadone(pointless) if you use a patch its willpower and time wasted , just stop !
Write down all the positves on a bit of paper then stop, of you want to live into old age with good health you will!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom