Smombie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Cycling to work today on a shared path and a smombie is just walking ahead, staring at his phone on a bend in the path. Other pedestrians are having to walk around him. I have to come to a complete stop before he even bothers to look up.

TOMORROW I WILL RING BY BELL as I pass.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boo !

gbb

Legendary Member
There's little you can do (although a short bell ring may bring smombies out of their torpor).
I used to get annoyed, i just slow down now, almost to a stop if needed, make sure everyone gets home safe.
He might pay the price one day and end up in hospital, he's increasing his chances enormously (Darwinism) ....but i wouldn't want to be the person who puts him there, even if its because of his own stupidity.

gbb

Legendary Member
As an aside, i remember a guy doing almost exactly this (he had a paper he was engrossed in ) as he crossed the road in front of my car, completely oblivious to the danger he was putting himself in.
I slowed, muttered then sounded my horn as i passed him (still seemingly oblivious to me until i honked). At that moment, i swear he nearly jumped out of his skin, arms in the air, newspaper spread all over the place, i must have scared him to death....and then i thought....crikey, i coulda given him a heart attack . I changed my response from that moment on.

gbb

Legendary Member
And of course, you don't know he might have been temporarily engrossed in something really important, similarly a friend of ours lost her 7 yo son on Friday, he'd gone to the park, now nowhere to be found. Half the street promptly went out looking and while i was riding on a path locally, i looked at my phone checking any updates....temporaily too engrossed (and stupid) to realise i was approaching a bus crossing. I glanced up, slammed on my brakes as i saw a bus approaching....the driver had his eyes fixed on me, no doubt thinking 'you bloomin idiot (which in a way, i was, for all the best reasons)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
As an aside, i remember a guy doing almost exactly this (he had a paper he was engrossed in ) as he crossed the road in front of my car, completely oblivious to the danger he was putting himself in.
I slowed, muttered then sounded my horn as i passed him (still seemingly oblivious to me until i honked). At that moment, i swear he nearly jumped out of his skin, arms in the air, newspaper spread all over the place, i must have scared him to death....and then i thought....crikey, i coulda given him a heart attack . I changed my response from that moment on.

I've shouted 'Oi' at a driver that pulled out on me, I'd leveled up to the driver window and shouted. The driver jumped off their seat.

Johnno260

Veteran
upload_2019-7-15_12-44-2.png

@welsh dragon

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Grab the phone as you pass, i think its common practice.. Thieves..
But after, you must lob it as high as you can..

It will let zombie see the world around them and disable the phone.. Keeping them safe

postman

Legendary Member
Not going to apologize for saying this.But i have stopped moving aside for them bump and i am ready and better balanced than they are.I wish i was sooooo important i had to be glued to my mobile.

Top Bottom