Smombies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's not a problem that I have experienced, but most pedestrians know I'm in the vicinity.
My bike gives out a double clicking noise on every revolution of the pedal which appears to provide ample warning. I can't understand why so many on this forum are so anxious to eliminate these mysterious clicks.

Same with mine apart from it's a loud screeching noise from the brakes

alicat

Legendary Member
I had one yesterday. Looking left then suddenly darting across the road to catch a bus. I shouted 'Watch out' and swerved a little. No time for other action. Fortunately he paused long enough for me to pass by. I then treated him to a swear word elaborating on his idiocy.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Yes there is - when you pull the trigger the recoil slows you down. Fire a long enough burst and you will not only stop, but also start to go backwards too. So not only is it a brake, but also a reverse gear.
Sounds like a video game! 10 points for a Smombie plus a power-up? In fact, with that bike and weaponry I’m amazed the video game isn’t already available.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Or at Christmas, any loud Christmas song tends to work well...

Sadly just running them over is frowned upon.

I do wonder how this statement would go down if uttered by a motorist.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Maybe someone will invent an app you can buy to warn people when something is in front of them when they are looking at the phone .

Slioch

Guru
Having encountered numerous smombies at close quarters, most appear to be reliant on their hearing to know whether it is safe or not to step out into the road without having to lift their eyes from their screen.

I suspect the problem will start to be resolved once the number of electric cars increases, as the smombie will quickly be placed on the "at risk of extinction" register.

Drago

Legendary Member
Another good reason to smugly continue without the latest Appsung hipno device. If that's how it endangers their physical being, imagine what it's doo g to their intellectual and emotional development.

Top Bottom